Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaffa1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Leaving due to price increase

Go to solution

I just called up to cancel due to the price increase e-mail I received. I made it very clear this was the reason I was leaving and I intended to switch supplier. The e-mail I have just received says "My BT service is ending" and that I will have to pay a charges for cancelling my service early and deferred equipment charges. Is this normal? I really would've liked confirmation that I will not have to pay any charges.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DanielS
Message 2 of 3

Re: Leaving due to price increase

Go to solution

Hi @jaffa1,

I'd like one of my team to check your account to make sure everything is ok to be 100% sure. To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Leaving due to price increase

Go to solution

This happens every time BT have a price rise. It is an automated email that gets sent out whenever any one cancels their service during contract. Because you are leaving because of the price increases ad you have notified BT of this you will not be charged anything for leaving the contract. This includes any equipment charges.

EDIT: Posts crossed with the moderator. Contact him as requested.