Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hannes
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Leaving without penalty

Go to solution

Hello,

My contract is ending on the 29th December and I'm intending to leave for another ISP, talktalk, sky or plusnet.

Trying to arrange to switchover on the 29th will be troublesome due to the xmas holidays so I'm thinking of jumping ship right now.

What will BT do ? I'm currently in a contract with a few discounts, £5 off for TV, £14.50 off for BB. 

I realise I'll have to pay up to the 29th Dec but will they revert to the pre-discounted rates the moment they get a switch notice from another provider.

It's my understanding that I dont have to give BT 30 days notice of my plans as long as I switch to another ISP that use the BT network, is that right ?

Thanks in advance

Alan

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Leaving without penalty

Go to solution

@hanneswrote:

Hello,

My contract is ending on the 29th December and I'm intending to leave for another ISP, talktalk, sky or plusnet.

Trying to arrange to switchover on the 29th will be troublesome due to the xmas holidays so I'm thinking of jumping ship right now.

What will BT do ? I'm currently in a contract with a few discounts, £5 off for TV, £14.50 off for BB. 

I realise I'll have to pay up to the 29th Dec but will they revert to the pre-discounted rates the moment they get a switch notice from another provider.

It's my understanding that I dont have to give BT 30 days notice of my plans as long as I switch to another ISP that use the BT network, is that right ?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Hi @hannes. It is important NOT to give BT any notice of you leaving or you risk losing your number. Just leave everything to your new Service provider. I believe this document gives details of early termination fees https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf?s_cid=con_FURL_term...

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Leaving without penalty

Go to solution

Why not leave in early Jan say 3/4th. It will be cheaper as you will only pay for a week at full whack rather than a month now plus early termination costs.

0 Ratings