cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluebird27
Message 1 of 27

Let down by BT

Hi, I recently ordered BT Infinity and had to have a phone line installed. BT gave me a date for this and i booked the time off work. The BT engineer turned up and after half hour of tinkering he informed me he couldnt do the job but would send some one out who could. Im not sure why he couldnt connect a line to my house, as the other six properties in my row all have lines.

I then waited for the next engineer but no one turned up. I then got in con BT and they appolagised and said they would give me a new date for installation. I then recieved a text message saying they would install my phone line, internet and tv package the following Friday (29/8/14 - today) in the morning between 8am and 1pm. I booked the morning off work and waited for the engineer to arrive. At 12:15 no one had arrived so i used the chat option to find out where the engineer was, i text chatted to a representative and they put me through to some one else via my mobile phone and they told me the engineer had been held up on a previous job but would get to me shortly. I then phoned my boss up and booked the afternoon off work.

At 14:30 no engineer had turned up, so again i used text chat to ask why. The BT rep then told me that no appointment had been made even though i have proof of the appointment on my phone via a text message. I asked could they put me through to the cancellation team and spoke to a nice chap called Patrick. He was appalled by the way i had been treated and cancelled my order for me.
I not only feel let down by BT but I've also lost a day and a half of pay (over £150) because of their incompetence.
Since my cancellation Ive not heard off them, either by phone or email. A written appology would have been nice.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Message 2 of 27

Re: Let down by BT

Hi Bluebird27,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for the time it's taking to get your service connected.  Have you spoken with anyone since you posted this?  If not, I'll be happy to check this out from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Hi RobbieMac, this is Bluebird27 using a new account. I couldnt log into my old account for some reason.
I had a call off BT on Saturday asking me if I would be interested in coming back after I cancelled my order for the above reasons. I said I would need to talk to my wife about it, and would need a few days as she was away on business. Your rep agreed to call me back on Monday the 1st of September at 4pm to discuss this. I waited patiently, but no phone call came.
Ive tried to send you a pm but for some reason its not letting me do this either?
Could someone please call or email me to discuss this matter further. I'm not sure if you have my account details, phone number etc, but you can email me onRegards Gavin.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

the mods do not accept PM's only by their contact link
0 Ratings
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Thanks John46.
For anyone who's interested > I emailed BT yesterday about my situation and asked could they get back to me. I still haven't heard off them! Its like banging your head against a brick wall. I'm actually trying to buy something off them. Id hate to see the way they treat people who are having problems when they've already payed for their products.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 27

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Hi John46. The forum mods have replied, but its BT thats hard to get hold of. If i dont hear off BT in the next few days I will look for another provider. Shame really, as I decided to go with BT for the live football and Motogp coverage.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

The mods are BT employees who will now take personal ownership of your problem until fully resolved and provide you with a single point of contact in the UK
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 27

Thanks once again John46. Shame you're not a mod as you seem to be very helpful Smiley LOL I still haven't heard off BT, either by phone or email.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

the mods will help you from now on I suggest you now refrain from contacting BT as it can cause confusion and delay the mods resolving your problem