cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Let down by BT

Hi John46. Ive taken your advice and refrained from contacting BT. My last contact with them was on the 1st of September when I emailed them asking to get in contact with me. They still haven't got in touch with me, so I guess I'll leave it at that. Thanks once again for all your help John46.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

as soon as your mail reaches the top of their mail queue the will contact you
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Just a quick update on my situation.
Spoke to a nice Irish lady from BT named Claire and she sorted a few things out and I finally had BT Infinity installed earlier this month. Today I Recieved a bill for £130 for line installation despite having an email off BT when I first signed up saying that line installation was free. I also had a look on BT's website and it says free line installation for anyone taking out a broadband and tv package. Oh dear!

0 Ratings
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

Didnt think I'd have need to use this forum again, but here is another update. The nice lady from BT sorted out last months over charge of £130 for me. I checked my bank account the next day and sure enough BT had only taken out their £15:99 instead of £145.99 that they had wrongly billed me.
Earlier I had my 2nd monthly bill from BT, this time for £96:52 instead of the £15:99 I signed up for. I checked the bill for phone use, and that was only £1:53, I'm no mathematician but I worked this out to be - £17:52. Ive just emailed BT and Im awaiting their response. Does anyone know if I can get out of this contract?
For anyone thinking of signing up with BT, then I urge you to think again. Its been a total shambles from day one (read the start of this thread.)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 27

@bluebird1927 wrote:

Earlier I had my 2nd monthly bill from BT, this time for £96:52 instead of the £15:99 I signed up for. I checked the bill for phone use, and that was only £1:53, I'm no mathematician but I worked this out to be - £17:52.  

What does the bill say the additional £79 is for? Surely it gives a breakdown of the £96.52?

0 Ratings
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Hi Umpire.
Here's a rundown of my bill.

Service connection £30
Phone line                £15.99
Broadband and calls (from 25 Sept - 21 Oct) £16.20
Broadband and calls (22 Oct - 21 Nov)  £18
BT tv (25 Sept - 21 Oct) £6.30
BT tv (22 Oct - 21 Nov) £7
Calls £1.53
Paper Bill £1.50 (which I have never received)
Total line rental £64.99

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 27

So to me it looks like the bill covers the following?

BT-Costs.jpg

You always have to pay a bit more initially because of two reasons.

(1)  Any one-off costs such as a broadband connection charge.

(2)  You have to pay the advance fixed charges for the next month as well. These always work a month in advance from here on.

So your bill is almost covering two months' worth of services but with a few things to note.

(a) It doesn't include line rental for Sep-Oct. I assume this is because you have already paid that as you mentioned in earlier posts.

(b) It includes a £1.50 paper bill charge. If this is incorrect then you might need to chase that up.

(c) Obviously they don't know your Oct-Nov calls yet as they can't see into the future, so those are always charged a month behind. You will see those on your next bill.

So to me it looks like you have signed up to a Phone+Broadband+BTTV package that has fixed costs of £40.99 per month (before any possible Dec price rises) which will always be charged a month in advance? Is that what you thought you had signed up to?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 27

Note that the BT Infinity @£18 also includes free weekend phone calls. That's why BT refer to it as a 'Broadband & Calls' package on your order confirmation and bills.

Note that for BT Infinity 1 there is a £30 connection charge. For the more expensive BT Infinity 2 it is usually waived. 

Note that there is also a £35 activation charge for BT TV, but if you order it at the same time as broadband then it is usually waived.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 27

This help text & video might be of use. 

I don't understand charges on my BT bill

0 Ratings
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Thanks again for your help, Umpire. This is a copy of my contract that BT emailed me.

Your monthly charges
Line Rental£15.99

BT TV - Entertainment Subscription£7.00
Access to your favourite entertainment channels and catch up TV
BT Calls, Broadband and TV package discount for 6 months£-2.00

Broadband and Calls£18.00
Yet to discover BT TV? See bt.com/bttv for a great TV service
Special offer discount£-3.00
Your special offer discount lasts for 18 months
Special offer discount£-10.00
Your special offer discount lasts for 6 months
BT Sport Pack£12.00