cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 27

Re: Let down by BT

Ok, so with the possible exception of the BT Sport pack, have they failed to apply the agreed discounts to your Sep-Oct and Oct-Nov fixed charges? All of the discounts should be clearly listed on the bills.

As far as I can tell ...

Your fixed charges for each full month for months 1 - 6 should be.

Line Rental = £15.99

Broadband & Calls = £18

Broadband & Calls discount 1 = -£10

Broadband & Calls discount 2 = -£3

TV Entertainment = £7

TV Entertainment discount = -£2

BT Sport pack = £12

BT Sport pack discount = -£12

Overall Total = £25.99

Your fixed charges for each full month for months 7 - 18 should be.

Line Rental = £15.99

Broadband & Calls = £18

Broadband & Calls discount 2 = -£3

TV Entertainment = £7

BT Sport pack = £12

BT Sport pack discount = -£12

Overall Total = £37.99

Can you get back in touch with the moderator or whoever they passed you on to previously? They should be able to sort it out and hopefully get you some refunds (again!!) for the periods covered on your recent bill. Don't forget to ask about the mysterious £1.50 paper bill charge as well.

Note 1: There are certain price rises being applied from Dec 1st. You should receive an email notification about these. Unfortunately these rises still apply to existing contracts. The slight bit of good news is that they usually increase certain discounts proportionally as well. See this page and try the link on it.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46728/~/price-changes-from-1-december-2014

Note 2: The BT Sport pack discount of -£12 does not have a set period and is not guaranteed. However BT have said it will certainly be in place for the 2014/15 season (Aug-Jul). We will all just have to see what the plans are from Aug 2015 when we get there.

0 Ratings
bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Thanks again for your help Umpire. Ive emailed the BT rep who has helped me previously, and I must say she was very helpful and also corrected last months bill for me. I didnt email her until 5pm ish on Friday so I'm guessing she's got the weekend off.
After looking through my contract I think you are right in what youve written above. My monthly fee should be £25:99 plus whatever phone calls I use, although I also thought I had free weekend calls and Ive been billed for two calls I made on a Saturday too, but thats only £1:53 which I'm not to bothered about.
I will await a call from BT and hopefully they can amend the bill (again.)
I dont have a lot of faith in BT after having only two bills, and being overcharged by quite a significant amount both times. Have you any idea how much it would cost me to cancel my account, as this time next month I will be in hospital for a little while and will have no way of checking my BT bill.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 27

@bluebird1927 wrote:

I also thought I had free weekend calls and Ive been billed for two calls I made on a Saturday too, but thats only £1:53 which I'm not to bothered about. 

Calls are only free for up to 1 hour. If you go over an hour they start charging you. You can hang up and call again after 60 mins to keep things free.

Also I don't think every type of number is covered by the free weekend calls plan, so it might depend on the numbers called.

See  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=33572

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 27

@bluebird1927 wrote:

I dont have a lot of faith in BT after having only two bills, and being overcharged by quite a significant amount both times. Have you any idea how much it would cost me to cancel my account, as this time next month I will be in hospital for a little while and will have no way of checking my BT bill.

Cancellation would normally result in very heavy charges as you are only 1 month into am 18 month minimum term contract. They could apply proportional charges for services for the remainder of the minimum term, and probably also add charges for waived one-off fees and for 'free' hardware usage (and hardware would then have to be returned) as these offers are dependent on you completing the minimum term.

See  Contracts and Early Termination (hold to term) charges

The Dec price rises should in theory give affected customers an option to cancel without early termination charges being applied, but I don't know all the details and it might not be a straightforward process. However bear in mind that if you changed to another provider that would initially involve Openreach having to migrate services. Is that really a good idea after your previous hassles with Openreach? Smiley Frustrated

I assume you would be happy if BT just charged you the correct agreed amounts. So all they need to do is set up your account billing correctly. It really shouldn't be that difficult for them to do this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 27

@bluebird1927 wrote:

Ive emailed the BT rep who has helped me previously, and I must say she was very helpful and also corrected last months bill for me. I didnt email her until 5pm ish on Friday so I'm guessing she's got the weekend off.

I suppose you can see if you get a reply on Monday, but be aware that emails can get lost in the system, previous queries can be marked as closed on the system, specific staff members can be off work on holiday or sick, etc. I think normally the direct debit would be actioned 8 days after your bill date.

To be honest it might be better to raise a new query with the moderators (or get them to reopen the old one). That way you have a definite reference number and a single primary point of contact. As you know, those things can be worth their weight in gold when it comes to dealing with large corporations! Smiley Happy

My Advice:  Get moderator help again and let them decide the best course of action to get things resolved.

bluebird1927
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Thanks once again for all your help Umpire.

[Quote: "I assume you would be happy if BT just charged you the correct agreed amounts. So all they need to do is set up your account billing correctly. It really shouldn't be that difficult for them to do this."]

I would be more than happy if they would just be able to do this, but after having only two bills and being vastly overcharged on both of them I dont hold out much hope.

Im self employed and if I treated my customers the way BT has treated me then Id expect to be out of business pretty sharply, but as youve stated above, cancellation fees are hefty then theyre on to a winner whichever way they decide to go about this.

My direct debit isnt due to be taken out until the 30th of this month so I'll give the helpful lady Ive been dealing with a day or two to contact me before I give them a ring to try and sort this mess out.

Also I'm guessing this forum is run by people employed by BT? please correct me if I'm wrong. If so, then why isn't someone trying to resolve this matter that I brought up Friday! Like Ive already stated above, I'm self employed and if someone had wrote on my forum that they were unhappy with me over billing them, then Id either resolve the matter myself or get a member of my forum to resolve this.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Hi bluebird1927,

I'm sorry about the issues you've been having with us recently and we'll be happy to help you get the problems with your bills sorted. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings