Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 29

Letter from BT MD, Customer Care, about error on July bill/uncharged items

Go to solution

BT's MD, Customer Care, has just written to me as follows:

"You might have spotted a mistake on your last bill. We didn't charge you for some of the calls you made on your last bill up to 29th June because of a technical problem. We're sorry for any confusion.We'll add the £14.14 for those calls to your next bill which is due in a few days' time. We've fixed the problem now but if you have any questions once you've seen your bill, we're on 0800 028 9370".

After the August bill arrived I tried to log into my BT account but my password was rejected. Although I knew I'd input the correct one. I clicked 'forgotten password?' , changed it to a 16-character password ans wnet straight through to my Dashboard.

1. If I'd have made a two hours' call to Australia costing pounds and pounds, yes - I would have spotted that. But my bill typically comprises 40/60 short local calls costing less than a pound. So how would I have spotted an error in these?

2. I've just printed off my August bill - nowhere is the £14.14 identified/itemised? Am I wrong in wanting the errors listed? Is it a breach of some rules for BT to do this?

3. So I rang the number  and got a helpful guy in Newcastle very quickly - good service. He ask me for characters 1 and 16 of my password - they were rejected twice. He says he wants the password that will let him look at my account on his system, not on mine (??). Does this makes any sense to any of you? (The only other BT passwords I have are for this forum, My BT and BT Shop. None are 16-characters long.) He'll post me my password but as I've said, what password will let him look at my account on his system?

Oh dear! Hoping you can help.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 29

Re: Letter from BT MD, Customer Care, about error on July bill/uncharged items

Go to solution

No help i'm afraid but i've got charges on my bill as well. Charges are just over £1 yet the bill is £5 higher. Strange  🤔

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

Personally I would say it is a scam, this is a cut and paste from someone on Trustpilot 24 hours ago:

Hello,
You might have spotted a mistake on your last bill. We didn't charge you for some of
the calls you made on your last bill up to 29 June because of a technical problem.
We're sorry for any confusion. We'll add the £12.44 for those calls to your next bill which is due in a few days' time.
We've fixed the problem now but if you have any questions once you've seen your bill we're on 0800 0289 370.
Thanks,
Nick Lane
Managing Director
Customer Care''

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

The BT Customer Care MD is Libby Barr; Nick Lane is her opposite number at EE. Curiously, the Bishop of Stockport is Libby Lane.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution
It's a letter through the post and the £12.44 was added to my bill which I could see on my Dashboard here. So it can't be a scam. Where and what did you in Trustpilot.

Would a Moderator please confirm it's a genuine letter
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

well, this is strange isn't it - two of you have suggested I received a scam letter!

But if it is, the scammers would have had to access my BT account to add the £14:14 - which BT not them would receive!!

Is it possible for a Moderator here urgently to (1) tell me how I can check whether or not my BT account has been hacked and also (2) to escalate this within BT so that they are aware of these strange goings-on.

I'd rather raise this within BT privately than have to ask about it on eg Facebook.

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution
I've PM'd SeanD about this.
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Here's a snip of the letter I would have sent a snip from the letter but one paragraph plus name and title is too big!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

The BT Customer Care MD is Libby Barr; Nick Lane is her opposite number at EE. Curiously, the Bishop of Stockport is Libby Lane.

I'm informed that Libby Barr has left BT so apologies for the error. I wasn't shooting from the hip, having checked online. There's some updating needed, particularly this.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

BT3 Nick Lane MDCC 2018-07.PNG

0 Ratings