Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 21 of 29

Re: Letter from BT MD, Customer Care, about error on July bill/uncharged items

Go to solution
Off-topic: just had my BT prices frozen for 18 months. Courtesy of pippincp in https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Price-rise-6-months-after-new-contract/m-p/1870194#M10032.... Give him a thank you if you use it!! ;0)
0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

@Taffy078wrote:

King Nora! What a mess! That's the number I rang and had a strange conversation with someone who wanted a 16 character password so that he could access my BT account on his system! A hacking attempt? I hope SeanD reads this and feeds back - are BT using the wrong number on their letter?

I have not known BT to request a password when they need to access my account. I renewed my line rental saver the other day by telephone and was not asked for any password, yes account number but not password.

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Update #1 I rang 0800 028 9370 yesterday again to chase up the password form they'd promised a while ago. He said he'll put one in the post, to arrive within five working days. But to be frank how in hades can I be sure it was BT? The lady I spoke to weeks ago who'd promised an email and also a form did nothing. She said that I had a cooling off period to change my mind about continuing with BT. I'll now PM a Moderator to find out to whom I can complain.

Update #2 If my wife decides we should move to eg Sky, will BT continue my account i.e. still collect my subscription/call charges until I cancel BT? Clearly it will take me some weeks to tell everyone that we've changed our phone number and email addresses.

What a load of nonsenses from BT - and they wonder why they're losing customers.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078,

I'm sorry this still hasn't been resolved for you.

I am aware an error was made with some of our customer's July bill. Out of bundle call charges made up to 29th June have been discounted as free calls in error.

BT has send an email or letter to those affected explaining what has happened and any call charges missed in the July bill have been added onto the August bill.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry that your complaint hasn't been resolved. I'd like to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution
Been away - just replied. I'd appreciate advice please re my question "If my wife decides we should move to eg Sky, will BT continue my account i.e. still collect my subscription/call charges until I cancel BT? Clearly it will take me some weeks to tell everyone that we've changed our phone number and email addresses."
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078

Thanks for sending your details over.

I have picked things up here and I will get back to you this evening.  It will be within the next hour.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution
Hi Robbie. Sorry I wasn't able to take your call. Hopefully we can speak tomorrow. Cheers
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this evening.

As discussed, the letter you received was a genuine letter from us explaining the problem we had in July.  The number on the letter is also genuine.

I have also sorted out the password issue as discussed and everything else we were chatting about has been sorted too.

I'll go ahead and close this off today as agreed.  Enjoy the rest of your evening Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Hello Robbie. We spoke, you resolved the problem and my monthly subscription was frozen at £54.99.

A friend has just told me that only an hour or two later there was a BT advert on TV with a special offer, a package for £20-odd per month! It was for new customers only.

Will you please feed into your system that Sky appreciates its existing customers - they can take advantage of all special offers. Secondly I'm now trying hard to find that offer, or other like it. If I find one, I will switch to Sky and cancel BT a month later to give me time to set up new email addresses. I will do this believing I have a cooling-off period but if there isn't one I will do it anyway, and clock payments to BT, challinging BT to take action against me. Enough is enough.

0 Ratings