cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Level 3 care? what a joke!

Left BT within the 30 days notice period of price hike, called customer service multiple time with clear written record on my case that no early cancellation charges will be made.

Yet my final bill came with the early cancellation charges. Called customer service, was told that they can't authorize a refund over a certain amount. Case forwarded to level 3 care, and I was promised that I would receive a call within 72 hours. 96 hours later still no call in sight.

Called customer service again, asked them to chase up with level 3. Then I was told that level 3 is an offline team, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A communication giants highest level complain team is an offline team, and that no other department has direct contact info for them! Whoever thought of this process is genius, automatically blocks you at the highest level of compliant, bravo.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Level 3 care? what a joke!

I too had trouble before leaving - crazy emails threatening penalty charges & higher prices for BT Sport, despite it already having been agreed that there would be no penalty and BT Sport would be cancelled.

My bill came with ongoing charges - they didn't know I'd left!  

Live Chat - waste of time!  

Transferred to 'someone who can help' - cut off!  

Rang back - another waste of time - they didn't seem to believe I'd already left!  

Transferred to someone who actually understood the issue, but they still want to collect £18.14 from me when they agree they should be refunding (due to charges in advance & line rental in advance) as they can't stop the billing process! And they need 10 days from the end of my contract to produce a final bill!  The fact that that 10 days ended two weeks ago seems irrelevant to them!

No wonder their customer service ratings are low - they don't have any customer service!

What to do next?  Cancel Direct Debit - or will that bring the debt collection mob in and cause more hassle?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

What to do next?  Cancel Direct Debit - or will that bring the debt collection mob in and cause more hassle?

Yes it will
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Hi @sfzero2 and @trevbrierley,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry there's been some confusion with your bills and charges. If you haven't already got this sorted I can help. Please drop me over an email with your details using the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Email sent.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 8

@sfzero2 I am trying to get through to you. Are you available to take my call this morning? 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Still chaos!  Several interactions via chat & phone.  Have to keep repeating that yes I can get a refund of line rental saver - Ofcom say so!  But..................

Incorrect bill £18, incorrrect refund £11, phone call says refund £56 - wrong again, email refund of £6 & 90p what?, My BT message (no details given) refund £61.

I make the refund due about £75.  Maybe I'll get £11+£6+90p+£61=£78.90 - I doubt it.

Sent message to Moderator - I need a referee!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

@trevbrierley I'm sorry this is still not resolved, I can see your details have arrived in our queue this evening and we'll get back to you in the next day or two to sort this out. 

0 Ratings