cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magic3030
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Lies from BT re appointments & house move after 20 years with them

Applied to BT for house move service. Customer for over 20 years with BT Halo. Received broken promise upon broken promise that as I am a highly vulnerable person I would get swift service to connect a line at my new home. BT broken appointment after appointment and yet again after three messages today (20/04/20) that JORDAN our BT engineer was on way & with us to do the long delayed work this morning (text yesterday and again first one this morning at 8-15 am) no one arrived. We text and phoned and JORDAN politely said he was not coming, we are NOT on his list to visit. May be able to come in couple months time if we rebook date!!?!

we have a tiny mini hub that does not work. NO phone line (or number) no TV service. No broadband from BT.

we are going to transfer our requirements to VIRGIN MEDIA and feel BT have (by default) cancelled our contract. They have misled us and treated us disgustingly. Just promise after promise they are about to do the work & connect us! Then after we ask where are they, we are told.... sorry your appointment cancelled. No earlier word from BT just after we complain.

if you need a response YOU MUST REGISTER COMPLAINT.

wehave today asked Ofcom to step in and try to help.

desperate vulnerable without service promised.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lies from BT re appointments & house move after 20 years with them

Hi @Magic3030,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see that there is a delay connecting services at your new address.  I understand from your comments that you're a highly vulnerable person and appreciate the importance of getting your services up and running.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Magic3030
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Bt lies or bad management & misleading statements

Hello, BT here, regarding order VOL013-**********. I'm sorry we were unable to activate your service as planned,

as it turns out we need access to your property. We tried on20/04/2020 but no-one was home.

Please reply to this text with a suggested date when an engineer can call (appointments usually take a week and there are AM from 08:00-13:00 and PM from 13:00-18:00 timeslots). Alternatively you can give us a call on 0800 800 150 (0330 1234 150 from a mobile). We're open 8am-9pm Mon to Fri, 8am-8pm Sat and 9am-6pm Sun.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WE HOME WITH CARE WORKER ALL DAY on 20/04/20. SPOKE TO YOUR ENGINEER & CONFIRMED SAME BUT HE CLAIMED WE WERE NOT ON HIS JOB SHEET!

Copy of your absurd email here sent to ofcom to support our complaint.

We have unused internal phone socket as told to you (perhaps old Virgin one?)

I am on most vulnerable government list & urgently need a useable BT phone line.

Please assist.

Chris 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

Re: Bt lies or bad management & misleading statements

Hi @Magic3030, I'm so sorry the engineer didn't turn up. If you reply to the private message @RobbieMac sent you yesterday we'll be happy to help. 

0 Ratings
SeaCucumber
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Re: Bt lies or bad management & misleading statements

I have similar problems, these **bleep** wont help me, i have a blind son we look after and they wont help repair our internet. I need to know when appointments are and when to get his meds.