Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mispeltyuoth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Line Rental Saver - I'm confused

Go to solution

I've just received an email telling me that my LRS will soon expire. On checking my bill it says my line rental is included in my broadband package and the LRS is credited on the account every month.

bt.png

I checked with BT and they say I have to renew the LRS but I don't see what the point of that is if it's already included. BT's billing is confusing enough without adding this to it.

Is the advice I've been given correct?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Line Rental Saver - I'm confused

Go to solution

The standard cost of line rental is always included in the broadband package and the charge for it. Paying LRS covers the cost of the line rental element for the forthcoming year so the value of that element is refunded each month. The difference between the twelve refunds and the up front payment is the saving made by using LRS.

{Sorry if the initial post of this reply was confusing - it got posted accidentally halfway through typing.}

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Line Rental Saver - I'm confused

Go to solution

Hi @mispeltyuoth 

Your broadband package includes line rental. However if you pay LRS then the line rental element is credited each month. So if you don’t pay the LRS your bill will go up by £18.99 each month in your example.

0 Ratings