cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Line Rental Saver and BT Privacy with Caller Display

I recently received an email from BT saying that my Line Rental Saver was due to expire soon and with it the free Caller Display. Now I don't have the email anymore but I could swear that the email said that if I renewed my Line Rental Saver for another year then I would continue to receive Caller Display for free, so I duly renewed. Now I have just received my online bill (which shows I have renewed the LRS) and there are advance Caller Display charges from when the current LRS expires on 15th May. As I don't have the email anymore I can't be 100% sure but could someone set the record straight for me, as I feel I have been duped!!

Thanks, Mark
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line Rental Saver and BT Privacy with Caller Display

There is another post similar to this

The LRS Renewal is not the same as getting free caller display. To get free caller display you need to agree to 12 month contract to keep BT phonline and then you can select to LRS which then allows you to pay a single sum instead of 12 monthly instalments

I have just done exactly this in last 2 weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

If you can't find the email then phone options team and setup free caller display by agreeing a 12 month contract. 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

But by taking out LRS aren't I effectively taking out a year long contract with BT, but just paying for it upfront? If not then it seems unnecessarily confusing to me. I just did everything online but don't remember an option to "agree to a 12 month contract" or not? I just presumed I was doing!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

By taking LRS you are paying for the next 12 months upfront but it is not the same as agreeing to take the BT phonline for another 12 months. I understand exactly what you are saying

However you should renew your contract for 12 months and then instead of paying line rental monthly for the next 12 months you then choose LRS and pay a lump sum upfront and save 2 months rental

I presume like I did you got 2 emails one about your phone rental expiry and another about your LRS is coming to an end

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You have to do it as a separate thing, by updating your phone options, and ticking the box relating to the free caller display.

Choose calling features

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@markah67 wrote:
I recently received an email from BT saying that my Line Rental Saver was due to expire soon and with it the free Caller Display. Now I don't have the email anymore but I could swear that the email said that if I renewed my Line Rental Saver for another year then I would continue to receive Caller Display for free, so I duly renewed. Now I have just received my online bill (which shows I have renewed the LRS) and there are advance Caller Display charges from when the current LRS expires on 15th May. As I don't have the email anymore I can't be 100% sure but could someone set the record straight for me, as I feel I have been duped!!

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Have a read of this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Caller-Display-and-Line-Rental-Renewal/m-p/1448100#M49429

The email probably said that if you renewed your Line Rental Saver you could creceive Caller Display for free. What it fails to say is that you need to order it.

0 Ratings
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks vofsanity2. At least I'm not the only one confused or having problems! I'm sure BT could make the whole thing simpler if they wanted to.

0 Ratings