cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Line Rental Saver

Just read on the Martin Lewis website that there has been another price increase, the third in a year. It is now £183.48. Is that correct?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line Rental Saver

if you look at this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Line-Rental-Saver-prices/td-p/1481772 message 8 you will see the mods reply
Message 3 of 8

Cheers, John. I found the other thread after I had posted, LRS not so attractive now. I will think twice before I pay upfront when my LRS expires in September.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ernie_c
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Don't forget that LRS provides price protection as well as a discount.
Message 5 of 8

More important if there are 3 increases a year 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

I reckon BT are finding LRS wasn't such a good idea. When it's gone up to more than 12x the monthly charge it'll probably drop of the twig.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If you found it was only 11rh or 11.5th of the annual charge wouldn't you starting thinking that you may prefer to pay monthly rather than a sizeable amount in one go though? I always did think, and I did mention it in another post yonks ago, that the people who would most benefit from the LRS could not afford to pay the annual amount.
0 Ratings
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Seems to be a common thing, part of the reason I left TT was because their once good discount for the full year reduced to nearly nothing. I guess BT have to get back some of the cost of offering such low BB rates to new users for the first year.