Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GEPC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Line rental discount - cancelled order still processed paper free billing

Go to solution

I went to order broadband and was prompted to go for the line rental discount. Although there was a "find out more" option, I carried on as pay for 12 months line rental up front, is a good discount. Just before comitting to the order and paying for it, I noticed it said "paper free".

I want the paper billing so cancelled the order (eventually that is, as cancelling the order at the payment stage doesn't cancel the order and you have to cancel at the first stage).

I then placed what I thought was a fresh order, not selecting the line rental discount, just the broadband. Placed the order and blow me down, I got an e-mail thanking me for going paperless.

I can't work out how to revert - seems I have to call someone, unless someone can suggest how I can revert online? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Line rental discount - cancelled order still processed paper free billing

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
You will automatically go onto paper free with any new deal, live chat, or calling the billing team, can switch you back. BT don't want paper billing
0 Ratings
GEPC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Live chat worked and it is apparently now a paper bill again.

I look after a number of my mother's affairs and the telephone (as part of the utilities) is one of them. She is 85 and has always had a paper bill and is comfortable with it. She is bravely taking steps to get onto the Internet so she can keep in contact with (and follow on facebook) what her grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nephews and nieces are doing.

She is trying to overcome the fear that newspapers propagate about the “dangers” of the Internet and this is a first step. Then when BT forced the paper-free billing, she saw a “trusted” brand doing something she didn’t want. She wanted to cancel the order and not go through with broadband and connecting to the “**bleep** internet” at all.

This is all new stuff for her and she may not take to it, even if everything runs smoothly. BT should have a “Silver Surfer” broadband package to aid this expanding section of the community to get online. Processes and support for the senior citizens, not just the tech savvy.  She, like others her age, talks not only to the family but to strangers in waiting rooms, at her clubs and bus stops. Word of mouth is a powerful social networking effect to challenge the newer cyberspace environment.  

0 Ratings