cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Line rental renewal has gone wrong

Went to renew my 12 pre-paid line rental last month & it was processed  correctly, appeared on my card from the usual BT address

When the next monthly bill arrived a few days later I had the £219 as a credit on my account from which the October monthly rental was taken.

I foolishly assumed that it would be sorted out at the next monthly cycle, today the November monthly bill arrived & was taken from the amount that had been credited to my account.

There was a note telling me that since I was in credit I was being refunded....... the line rental payment minus the 2 monthly payments taken.  The refund has not appeared yet.

OK, I'm not losing cash to any extent when the refund does appear, just the couple of £'s difference in the line rental I'm paying

Tried phoning a couple of times but apart from being told how busy everybody is unable to get through to a person to talk to

Is anybody able to help sort this out ?

**bleep**

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Line rental renewal has gone wrong

Can't seem to edit my msg above....
My name is D*ck not "bleep" forgot about the sometimes over zealous censorship
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

The refund has now arrived, strangely it was refunded to my current account not the card that I paid  with 🤔

Time to give up now (been continuous bt customer since 1973)

Every renewal time there is some sort of problem that has to be discussed by phone before being resolved

Like a lot of people  all I wanted was a decent reliable service that could be renewed quickly & efficiently at contract end

The engineering side of things has been fine, it's the customer service that spoils it.  

D*ck

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@dcdick wrote:

Every renewal time there is some sort of problem that has to be discussed by phone before being resolved

It's best to renew by phone anyway. I always get a decent deal with no issues to attend to afterwards.

(Re your previous comment, messages can only be edited within an hour of posting, and you're right about the forum bleepometer - it's ridiculous.)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your reply

As far as I know there is no "leeway" with line rental it's a fixed discount & that was the problem, even though they refunded the payment (apart from next month's rental that they kept in "trust" )

I haven't lost out  much financially but the fact that I just could not get through to anyone that I could talk to about it is disappointing to say the least

I know that the best deals are by phone it's just that it's every time you renew something it's a rigmarole of a phone call that sometimes goes on for 30 mins or so that is so annoying as I get older, the time for bb renewal is not that far away now  so we'll see what is on offer at that time

I had hoped a mod would have picked up on the line rental but I suppose it's not that important in the grand scheme of things

D*ck

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The forum mods only normally get involved after you have tried to sort out the problem by phoning customer services then billing.  At present the mods are really busy helping customers and it could be about a week before your problem would react top of their inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings