cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Line rental saver - commits me to contract for broadband as well?

I'm slightly puzzled by the breakdown page for the line rental saver. It shows the upfront cost and saving. But it also shows me what I'll be paying for my broadband, but crucially, where it mentions my broadband, it says 24-month contract.

Does that mean I am committed to another 24 months with BT just because I take out the line rental saver? Or is it just information about what I'm currently on? Obviously the page doesn't explain it at all. Cheers

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Line rental saver - commits me to contract for broadband as well?

I suppose it depends on what your situation is, if you are a new customer for broadband and took a 24 month ‘contract’ and elected to pay line rental saver for 12 months, obviously when those 12 months are up, you will still be inside the minimum  broadband term, so you could take another LRS,  pay 12 monthly payments line rental, or move provider and pay early term charges on what’s left of the broadband ‘contract’.

If you are an existing  broadband customer , AFAIK, LRS shouldn’t affect the broadband term, if it has you probably need to enquire why 

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Line rental saver - commits me to contract for broadband as well?

I found the LRS website confusing when I tried to renew before Christmas as, like you, it mentioned 24 month broadband contract along with the 12 month LRS. In the end I rang up and spoke to an advisor and renewed LRS over the phone. It was just that with no mention about a new broadband contract.