cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Link to Activate my BT ID fails

Go to solution

Moved broadband from FTTC to FTTP and BT emailed to use my email address to Activate BT ID. The PIN arrived, but the Activate BT ID webpage does not open, and shows moving circles.  Went to the generic My BT: View & pay bills, manage services, get help & more and it says Please enter a valid email address.  It seems that my email provider Free Email Accounts @GMX.com: Secure & easy to use is not on the BT valid email address list. 

Have retained my existing landline phone and there is a dial tone that signals an available line. However, attempts to phone 0800 800 150 for BT Help to Activate BT ID fail, with automated message saying service not recognised. 

How do I Activate my  BT ID? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Link to Activate my BT ID fails

Go to solution

On Mon 04/10/2021 16:17, BT Sales raised complaint VOL013-******* in response to my inability to order Full Fibre online, and was told to place order using phone. 

BT Full Fibre was enabled on Wednesday 27 October 2021. 

Now having more problems and unable to contact BT. 

BT say they don't reply to external emails, but hopefully the information below will point you in the right direction.
Want to download a bill or track an order?
Visit bt.com/mybt
Need a bit of help or advice?
Head to bt.com/help for FAQs and our forums Want to talk to us?
Go to bt.com/contact or give us a call on 0800 800 150

How do I Activate my  BT ID? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @crimsom,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've had issues activating your BT ID. 

Have you tried using a different email address to see if that makes a difference? 

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB  thank you for your assistance. BT Full Fibre was enabled on Wednesday 27 October 2021.

Creating a new BT ID using a different email provider's address is a solution (not the one BT Sales arranged for me). 

Having opened my BT account, I can see that despite my order instructions not to have Digital Voice because it does not work during power cut to the house, this extra was activated anyway. I guess that also explains why attempts to phone 0800 800 150 for BT Help get automated message saying service not recognised.

Also speculate that I cannot phone emergency services, especially during power cut to the house. 

If BT refuse to reinstate my copper wire landline phone, I will be forced to request to leave their BT Full Fibre plan. Thankfully, Full Fibre plans are very competitive, and Full Fibre (no Digital Voice phone) plans are available. I am not prepared to sacrifice family safety just because BT Sales is pushing their unwanted and expensive Digital Voice.

Shame on BT Sales ignoring Customer requirements and sacrificing my family safety. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

In case you were not aware, Openreach are closing down their copper lines by 2026 so you may not have a choice to keep a copper phone line/phone regardless of which ISP you go with.

Openreach List Next 86 UK Areas for Copper Phone to Fibre Switch - Tranche 5 - ISPreview UK

Retiring the copper network (openreach.com)

BT Openreach are shutting down the copper wire telephone network. What does this mean for you and yo...