cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Literally cannot change billing date??

Okay so basically since setting up my BT package at the beginning of this year I specifically asked for the billing date to be on or just after the 13th of the month aS this is my pay day.

I ended up having a full plan including a sim. 

I noticed my bills were actually due on the 1st of each month and despite trying every couple months to change this I was just being told i “just couldn’t” so every month I’ve received a late fee because I never managed to change the date.

i eventually found out it was because I have a SIM card with my package. And today I looked at my credit score & it has reduced by 348 points since February because of BT!!! I have spoke to MULTIPLE agents on the chat, phone and twitter and all tell me they can help me and at last minute they tell me they can’t and I gotta try agin another day. I’ve been trying again for 10 months! 

Dors anyone else have this problem or is it just me that BT is making life difficult for? 

Can I remove my SIM card before the contract is up without fees (as I only have it as I was out under the false pretences that my billing date would still be on my pay day) and NO service provider is worth me not being able to get a mortgage and quite frankly I’m disgusted that a multi million company can’t change a date yet they’re happy to charge me £7.50 a month extra because of their own mistake...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Literally cannot change billing date??

As far as I know the billing date is linked to when you first join BT and remains that date whilst you remain with BT. There used to be a facility where you could change the  payment  date in MyBT but no idea if that is still the case after the changes it has gone through.

I would try contacting the Billing team to see if you can change the payment date.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Kiarebecca1994,

Welcome to the Community.

You won't be able to change your billing date if you have BT Mobile on your account. You will need to move your BT Mobile onto a second account if possible but you will lose your broadband discount if you are getting one on the SIM deal.

SP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

I don’t care about the broadband discount, nothing is worth my credit score reducing at alone, never mind this dramatically this quickly! 

In all honesty my Mobile plan isn’t even vqlue for money. 

Will there be a fee to cancel my BT Mobile altogether? 

Thank you for reply 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@Kiarebecca1994 

It would all depend if you took your mobile out on a contract or if it's a 30-day rolling plan. Even if there is some sort of charge for cancelling it may be better than paying £7.50 for late payment and having your credit rating hit each month. 

The best thing to do would be to call BT on 0800 800 150 and they would be able to tell you. 

SP

0 Ratings