cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 53

FORCED MOVE TO EE - to obtain 'best deals'. How do I stay with BT and not be overcharged (fleeced)?

Has anyone as an existing BT customer (in or out of contract), been able to stay with BT and negotiate a competitive price?

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 53

Re: FORCED MOVE TO EE - to obtain 'best deals'. How do I stay with BT and not be overcharged (fleece

I’m not sure what your issue is , BT Groups stated aim is for EE to be the main consumer brand , BT the business brand and Plusnet , if maintained , presumably the ‘no frills’ brand , given the aim is to get residential customers onto EE , it would be weird if the consumer offers from BT matched or bettered EE , that’s hardly likely to assist in moving residential customers to EE

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 53

Re: FORCED MOVE TO EE - to obtain 'best deals'. How do I stay with BT and not be overcharged (fleece

@iniltous - So why don't BT pull all new customer offers and direct all new online signups to EE? Simple solution.

BUT....anyone can go online now and sign up to BT as a new customer with a competitive price, yet as a current BT customer who wants to change the spec of my package.....I can't without moving instantly to EE - even then the prices are inflated. You can't as a company say 'we don't sell that product anymore', yet continue to sell it to someone else.  

'It would be weird if the consumer offers from BT matched or bettered EE , that’s hardly likely to assist in moving residential customers to EE' - are they not the same company? Or is that only when it suits them?

What is the incentive to move to EE, when the price is £10-£30 more per month than than a new customer. BT/EE are basically saying, you can continue to pay £170 pm as you are now, if not.......you can sod off.