cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Long wait for Broad band connection after house move

Go to solution

I have moved home and have to wait until 5 Oct for phone line and more importantly broadband to be connected. Is there any thing I can do to get wifi (mobile router etc) to get connected to internet in the interim?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Long wait for Broad band connection after house move

Go to solution

Most of the mobile  phone providers can supply a mobile broadband router via 3g/5g. You can get them on a 30day contract or you could alternatively tether your computer/laptop to your mobile phone's connection and use that.

If you are a BTHalo customer you may be able to get a mobile router through that.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@steviechal 

Did you give BT enough notice that you were moving, as normally at least two weeks notice is needed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Negative. Wasnt aware that it would take so long so looking for an alternative to cover the next week without internet so the kids dont kill me

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@steviechal wrote:

Negative. Wasnt aware that it would take so long so looking for an alternative to cover the next week without internet so the kids dont kill me

This is the BT Home Move page.

https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

"Try to give us at least two weeks’ notice so we can have everything ready for the day you move in"

Did you use this link ?

Start home move 

The actual work would be carried out by Openreach, who also deal with most other providers, so  your order would be in the queue.

The only option would be mobile broadband, as @gg30340  has suggested, although  it would not be suitable for video streaming or gaming, as the speed and data allowance would not be enough.

0 Ratings