cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chezs18
Message 1 of 4

Looks like I'm one of a million being missold, please help!!!

Go to solution

Please can someone assist me, i have been looking for a solution to which i havent found one as yet.

I signed up with BT broadband in July 2015, the other half wanted BT sport, which was signed up to in December 2016- they hiked the price up of my broadband in July 2016 so I decided to change-I have been told i will need to pay a cancellation fee as they 'renewed' by broadband when I signed to sport- I was never informed of this!!!  Looking at my BT profile, it even states contract terms as from July 2015 for 12 months!!!  I have phoned and complained...got nowhere, complaints have 'tried' to phone me back in the terms of saying they tried to call me, but have no missed calls....  Please can someone help me ...Cat Frustrated

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Looks like I'm one of a million being missold, please help!!!

Go to solution

To get BT Sport for free, you had to sign up to a new 12 month contract, that is part of the deal.

I assume you mean December 2015?

You can check your orders, and work out the expiry dates here.

https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do

You should be able to leave without charge in December 2016.

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@chezs18 wrote:

Please can someone assist me, i have been looking for a solution to which i havent found one as yet.

I signed up with BT broadband in July 2015, the other half wanted BT sport, which was signed up to in December 2016- they hiked the price up of my broadband in July 2016 so I decided to change-I have been told i will need to pay a cancellation fee as they 'renewed' by broadband when I signed to sport- I was never informed of this!!!  Looking at my BT profile, it even states contract terms as from July 2015 for 12 months!!!  I have phoned and complained...got nowhere, complaints have 'tried' to phone me back in the terms of saying they tried to call me, but have no missed calls....  Please can someone help me ...Cat Frustrated

BT Sport was only ever free if you renewed your broadband. You will have got order confirmation emails stating a new broadband term was being entered into. 

0 Ratings
chezs18
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
I never had BT sport free i was paying for it and no where did it say that the contract was going to be renewed when you sign up. No problems now, a helpful woman by the name of Laura assisted and stopped the charges.
0 Ratings