cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elisam
Message 1 of 4

Lower the package cost by getting rid of the unecessary phone feature ?

Hello, I have a

Unlimited Broadband

Up to 17Mb download speed

and Unlimited Weekend Calls package.

It is up for renewal, it is currently costing me about 22.3GBP as I paid the phone line in advance for one year.

They are currently proposing about the same price for renewal, which is much above what I can get elsewhere. Fine, I appreciate it is better to be a new customer, than an old one.

However, the thing is that I have never ever used the fixed line, even once, I don't even have a phone actually at home.

Do you think they could consider to lower the price of the package and suppress all possibility to use the fixed line (or charge at a very expensive price any calls from the fixed line) ?

I find it ridiculous that 85% of the cost of their package is for something I do not use. And there must be some value in the fact that I never ever uses it.

Thanks for your advice. Best regards

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lower the package cost by getting rid of the unecessary phone feature ?

You cannot have broadband without an active phone line and that has to be paid for it is your choice if you use it or not
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Broadband doesn't arrive at your house by magic, it needs a physical line. Currently that is charged for as a 'phone' line, if it wasn't it would be charged for as a 'broadband' line, one way or another it costs money.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The line that provides the service still has to be maintaned, and that costs money.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings