Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigtim9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Loyalty cannot match online deal and I cannot upgrade online to full fibre

So

when I try to upgrade through mybt online I get 

"Hi Tim we can't show you any personalised deals at the moment. But there's nothing to stop you checking out our current offers for broadband, tv, landline and BT sport"

Click the button, enter postcode and select address.  "great news you could be doing more online with fibre 900". And there's a great offer! 😀

Full fibre 100 £29.99  month down from £39.99 "regional offer" with landline included.  Awesome! Clock's ticking though, this deal expires in 1 day and x hours!

Select that and bt sport, hd and some mini connectors.  go through to checkout and....

Sorry, the package you've selected isn't available. Please choose another from those shown below.

If Fibre options are not listed, you're not eligible for those packages.

Because you're already a BT broadband customer, the package you selected isn't available

😞

All the packages listed are VDSL and more expensive than my current one!

OK, call loyalty on 0800 800030.

They can only do £39.99 a month, can't access online deals.  try the online web chat they say.  

OK, sales online web chat (after I get past the bot trying to redirect me to my account) say "not us, you need accounts". try accounts, they say not us  -go back to sales.  

Sales (this time)give me 2 numbers to call and say I need to speak to the "values team'.  One number automatically hangs up when I select the option to discuss my package.  The other goes into a queue that never answers.

So, round and round and round.  

Has anyone got a way to get past this before the offer runs out?  Loyalty's best was £240 more than I'm getting offered online, if only I could complete the the order 🙁

Is this because ,somewhere, my phone number/account  is not showing as eligible for FTTP whereas my address is?

Confused of Cardiff

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Loyalty cannot match online deal and I cannot upgrade online to full fibre

If FTTP is available, try calling the FTTP team on 08005874787

If you're in a contract now then it's unlikely they'll match a new customer deal, when you see the minimum term through then better offers are unlocked.

Bigtim9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Been out of contract for nearly 12 months.  Loyalty can do fttp for me but only at £39.99/month not the £29.99 I am offered online.  I’ll try that number, thanks 👍

0 Ratings
Bigtim9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

FYI fttp is definitely available 

5D73558A-9971-4574-8344-C77EC3292A78.jpeg

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

I'm pretty certain the regional offers are only available to new BT customers usually I'm afraid

0 Ratings
Bigtim9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Ok... I thought Ofcom ruled that current customers had to be able to get the same deals as new ones.  Has that been overruled? 

Edit; Yep

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2020/broadband-customers-to-save-mi...

We have now secured commitments from EE, Plusnet and Sky to do the same. EE and Plusnet have also now joined BT, Sky and TalkTalk in deciding to give all existing customers access to new customer prices.”

0 Ratings
Bigtim9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Ah well, seems the Ofcom agreement is not quite what it seems and although he Loyalty team member could see the pricing I was seeing on the screen by going to BT.com he could not access the same prices for me and indeed there still is preferential pricing for new customers only.

I'm resigned to paying an extra £240 and of course the £10 for mini connectors deal not available to existing customers either.  Sigh.  At least I'll snag a 4k box (I was waiting for the HDR enabled wireless one, but it's been a year now, I've given up hope on that materialising).

Still, booked in for 31/03 for my FTTP install.  Just hope no disruption to my rock solid 80mbs vdsl until then.  Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 10.36.15.png

0 Ratings
Bigtim9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I thought I'd come back and update here.  Per another a recommendation on another thread, I raised a complaint online that I could not get the new customer deal.  

A helpful person from complaints called me back, agreed that the Ofcom agreement I'd linked was valid and credited my account with the value I would have paid over the new customer rate 🙂

I was reminded to come back and comment as the Openreach engineers have just installed my fibre dropline and outside junction box (took all of about 30mins).  Now I just have to wait another 6 weeks for the BT engineer to come and install my ONT.

Thanks to all for the help, got the outcome I wanted in the end.

Now if they'd just release the upgraded YouView box...

0 Ratings