cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnomenthusiast
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

M&S Voucher from Uswitch switch, is it a Scam? Any help appreciated!

Hello,

I recently switched to BT from Plusnet, (30th October). I followed a link from the Uswitch site, which was advertising a deal that included a £30 BT Gift Card and £100 M&S Gift card.

The switch happened and I received the BT gift card without any issue. The service was activated and worked straight away. Plusnet cancelled my phone but did not cancel the broadband service, and billed me for another two months (which I've just sorted out, so much for easy switching).

When the service was active, I applied for the M&S card via the linked website (broadbandbenefits).

I put in what I perceive to be the correct information (I have an AJM number, but it was not the stated 12 characters), and the claim was submitted. (I have a screen shot of the screen after submitting).

It's been over 45 days now and no card has arrived. I tried yesterday to chase the card (as advised on the broadbandbenefits website), but it was absolutely infuriating :

- I called Uswitch, the team I reached did not deal with that. They gave me another number to call, who said that they don't deal with BT. 

-I called BT, they were not aware of these gift cards and would look into it, it's been logged as a complaint and someone is supposed to be getting back to me, but I'm not holding my breath.

- On the Uswitch website it says to contact BT if there is a problem receiving the card, but helpfully don't give you a number or method to contact the right department.

Does anyone know if the M&S card thing is a scam? I don't want to waste any more time on it if it is. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

GE

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: M&S Voucher from Uswitch switch, is it a Scam? Any help appreciated!

Hi @gnomenthusiast,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry the switch over to BT didn't go as smoothly as it should of and there has been a delay in you receiving your M & S voucher. If you send me your details I'll be able to chase this with the Promotions Team.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gnomenthusiast
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Paddy,

That's amazing, thank you!

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 4

Hi @gnomenthusiast,

No problem at all. Once we have your details, we'll chase this with the promotions team and get back to you. 

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings