cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelg1974
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

MISSED PAYMENT INCORRECT AND NOW DEFAULT

Help please! I moved house last october and had sky tv with bt sport on it, the new house we had to have bt broadband due to the wierd nature of the estate so had bt tv and phone also. When i set this up i told the people i had bt sport contract on sky tv which i needed to stop as i would now have it on my bt package. They said fine all sorted and on we went with the madness of moving. Then february my credit report showing missing payment to bt, i checked and it was for the sport on sky! 

I spoke to a complaints person after giving up trying to do the online form so many times as it always says there is a fault, explained it all, they said sorry we will take care of this and then take the mark off your credit file.

Then today i get an email saying a default is going on my credit report from bt sport! I had a default 7 years ago after 5 redundancies in a row and my wife having mental breakdown took us to the lowest of places and i couldnt afford bills. Its taken me years to get my file right again and life back on track so we can look at buying a house and this is a massive deal. I told them at the time of moving what was happening, i didnt leave bt i actually upgraded what i was doing with bt and have been told twice, once by complaints it was sorted and its got worse. I just need them to contact credit people and tell them to take the missed payment off and now to stop a default being added.

Please help thank you 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: MISSED PAYMENT INCORRECT AND NOW DEFAULT

which company were you paying for your BT sports - SKY included in your TV costs or was it direct to BT for the BT sports

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
joelg1974
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi the bt part was direct to bt as an add on. It got complicated as the new bt account and old bt account used the same email address etc so when i was trying to complain online i think it couldnt deal with it as it thought i was talking about the new account as the old one was closed (or so i thought)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

sorry bit confused now as in your first post you said 'i had bt sport contract on sky tv which i needed to stop'.

were you a BT broadband customer before your moved home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
joelg1974
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I had a sky account for tv, then i added bt sport as an add on which you have to do with bt itself and i think it links to your sky account number so you can watch it. Then when we moved house we have a bt tv broadband and bt sport account, so when they sold me the bt package i said i already have a bt sport account as you can see which i wont need as its included in the new package. So they said they would sort that out. The missed payment is too bt and the new update i got says bt are putting a default against me for it. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help you  they will post here

0 Ratings
joelg1974
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thank you very much:) thought it was sorted several times before and now really going to cause some big issues so hopefully they can 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 8

@joelg1974 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry that hasn't been sorted out and I can appreciate the worry this must be causing you.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings