cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sadie27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

*MODS NEEDED*URGENTLY * PROBLEMS CONTRACT RENEWAL DEAL -ITS TODAY & IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT :-(

Hi All,

Fairly newby on here so hello all!   Had some fab advice on this forum before & hope to be able to give some back...when I know what i doing lol!  Im going out of my mind with BT trying to sort 2 services up for renewal TODAY!....See below the details (been emailing BTCARE) but getting nowhere 😞 Am a poorly lady at the moment so trying to do all this is a little wearing & I really need some of your fab hel

I have 3 services with BT,  1. BT Phone Line + Free Eve & Weekend Calls Package 2. BT Broadband 1 & BT Vision Bronze  I've had my services for a good few years now and last year at renewal time I contacted BT and after lots of emailing back & forth finally got a deal I was happy with & decided not to move to SKY.

The man at BT.Care.com who helped me was a chap called Nigel Elliot (believe he was a manager) and I was looking for a good deal as other providers were offering far better deals and I was paying out a huge amount...

So Nigel got me a good deal 2010 - below *As i'd beem paying alot more & it was getting too much*

Broadband at £7.90 for the 12 months - DID THIS ALSO BY APPLYING A CREDIT

BT Vision at £12.50 (but think he gave me a 36.00 credit - as there wasnt a way he could reduce it)

My Phone package comes up for renewal at a different time, but when then came up May time this year I got it for £12.40 (included line rental & call package)..he gave me an added extra of FREE friends &family mobile. So I accepted that.

Now im up for renewal for Vision & Broadband and Nigel had said to contact him during our last dealings or the team and should be able to get a better deal again next year..now its up (think 6th and 7th..so NOW).. and ive emailed the BT care.com team asking for Nigel, but got a man called David is saying he cant offer me a better deal, and is offering me a deal thats more than what im paying now, plus cant offer me the free friends & family that ive had the last 12 months either 😞

I am happy enough with my broadband and not really happy with Vision but willing to keep it as I like the 'replay' service, but the channel with my favourite programs is E! and isnt available on BT Vision...so when pushes comes to shove I will move if they wont better the deal.

I sent a lengthily emailed and pointed out that they are not providing me a competatibe deal on the current one, and saying I have to loss the current deals FREE friends & family mobile (which is worth another £18.00 a year loss)...and yet from having a good check online I can see they are offering new customers far better.....see below quotes from MY email to 'David @ BT CARE)..

"I have seen online the offer is £4.00 for the first 3 months & £20.00 per month thereafter (£192.00 a year) +£25.00 Amazon Voucher . and my current deal is £20.30 in total for calls/line/broadband (£243.60 a year!) and the offer given for renewal is total of £21.60 = £259.20 per year). Given the new deal you offered is more than new customers are given and also more than my current deal costs, I would not consider it to be a good deal to stay
with BT. Please re-consider this"

He came back to me saying that that its not physically possible to offer me a better deal because there arent any. The manager (Nigel) I dealt with before got around this by giving me a credit to my account..comparative to the sum of what i'd lose which I was happy with. I have asked 'David' to refer the matter to Nigel, as he was able to help me last time and said I could contact him again. 'David' is bascially saying take this deal or I'll give you the MAC code to transfer to another supplier......excellent customer service!!  Well done!!! Not.

My worry is I believe my services run out today for one, and tommorow for the other, so time is running out...I have been emailing them for the past week hoping to get it sorted quickly (haven't called as im unwell at present and on 'OWL' hours! lol...but still no deal made that im happy with...not asking the earth just tiny bit of customer service.

I've sent yet another email asking for it to be referred to Nigel Elliot at BT.CARE tonight....but I need to know...how long after the current contracts end? eg 6th TODAY, do I have to say I wish to cancel???? 

I dont wish to cancel, but I will move on principle if BT aren't willing to give good service to keep a customer, but its a great shame as it wouldnt take much...isnt like im asking for the earth, just a better deal on par with new customers.  Also im thinking I may be able to get out of my line rental under the new price change so could possibly leave all 3 services If I had to.

Any advice would be really help..if the Mods could look at it please as im going out of my mind and really dont need to have to keep going back and forth many times over the last week or so trying to get a decent deal. Im unwell on morphine so I tend to have to email  at nightvas my bodyclock is all messed up.

Please Mods....Can you help me! ...and answer the question above in bold..be so grateful if someone can look at this for me (not sure where I need to give my details..will hope I get a reply as its really urgent I think as the renewal end is today.

Very grateful for any advice & hope a mod can look at my account! Please!

Thanks All that can help me xx

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: *MODS NEEDED*URGENTLY * PROBLEMS CONTRACT RENEWAL DEAL -ITS TODAY & IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT :

Hi Sadie27,

I'll be happy to have a look over your account and see what the story is.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sadie27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: *MODS NEEDED*URGENTLY * PROBLEMS CONTRACT RENEWAL DEAL -ITS TODAY & IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT :

Thanks Craig. I have filled out the contact form ...110906-****** (ref)...sorry for the late reply ive been at the doctors. I really hope you are still around and able to look at this as I think my contract is up today, possibly one tommorow.

Many Thanks, I really hope you can resolve this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi Sadie27,

I've spoken to David and he is reviewing this. He'll be in touch tomorrow.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sadie27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thank you. It would really help for me to get it sorted as im in alot of pain at present and on alot of pain meds including morphine..hence the awful spellings in this post (sorry!), hsving to worry over this is making me feel worse so I hope this can be reconsidered as I would prefer to stay with BT, but feel its important to offer existing customers incentive in the same way you do new customers, and also due to me being ill im unable to work at present after having to give up my job of ten years for the County Court, and so money is tight, so an improvement on my deal is important to me.

0 Ratings
Sadie27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Re: *MODS NEEDED*URGENTLY * PROBLEMS CONTRACT RENEWAL DEAL -6th sep - UPDATE

Hi all,

Sorry to report that BT wont offer me a better deal so I will be thinking re: move as its really poor service

0 Ratings