Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

MY BT broadband discount offers

Go to solution

Hi all!

We all see these offers on the MYBT page offering discounts on your broadband package, my latest one is for Superfast Fibre 1 (which i what i currently have) at the discount price of....what i am already paying! Which did not seem to much of a offer to me! Also there is Superfast Fibre Plus for £46.99, which still, to me, seemed rather expensive, (not sure if that is actually a good deal or not).

I am 2 months away from coming to the end of my current 18 month contract, so thought on the off chance of any better deals going, would give BT a call, spoke to a very nice, polite lady who told me the only deal she could give me currently was Superfast Fibre Plus for....£46.99, could not give me any offers on my current Superfast 1 broadband, and a offer to cut my TV service by a couple of quid, i said thank you, will have a look at options elsewhere, and will get back later.  If i hang on further until my contract is basically up, do you think i would get a better deal?  I have been a customer of BT for more years than i can remember with the phone and then broadband since they first started with it, should that work in my favour or is it just a case of pot luck on who you speak to?   Thanks for any advice in advance! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: MY BT broadband discount offers

Go to solution

Your long years as a customer will count for very little. You may get better deal nearer contract end date but best deals are as a new customer so if you can be bothered the switching ISP will get same speed but cheaper cost

you just have to make sure your cabinet is not full otherwise you would lose your fibre connection and join waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, i do not really want to leave BTs services, as i have never had any major problems with our Phone,  TV or Broadband over all the years i have been with them, just have to think if it will be for the best to wait until my contract is up before renewing or go with the current deal i was offered. Decisions, Decisions....!! 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The BT recontract window for offers to unlock up is 3 months before the contract ends, which you're now in, so the offer is to extend your current broadband discount for another 18 months, which saves you paying the standard price, if you think you can negotiate a better deal call up, if you want the easy life extend your current price, you were happy to take it last time, so the same offer is available again.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, that is what is now being offered to me, the same Broadband/TV package i already have, at the same price including discounts, for a further 18 months, i phoned again today and that was the deal offered, yesterday when i called, the person i spoke to was trying to get me to sign up for more expensive options and keeping my current package, so i was told, was not a option, it was Superfast Fibre Plus, or nothing, and a new calling plan on my landline, which again would have cost more money, i knew all this was wrong so refused and gave another call and  spoke to a different person today did not seem so intent on pushing BT Plus/ Complete  WI-FI  on me without any alternatives, and said staying on the same plan would be no problem.

0 Ratings