cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6

MYBT: Secure Message Center

Have BT given any consideration to creating a secure message center under MyBT?

Surely it would make sense in these days of spam, not knowing which emails to trust and trusting those that shouldn't be trusted and can be harmful?

I was prompted to think of this today when I received an email which claims to be from BT and looks authentic and starts with

"Hello,
You've recently asked us to place a credit on your account because you can’t watch live sport right now. Unfortunately something’s gone wrong which has stopped your credit going through. There are a number of reasons why this could have happened:"

The thing is that I did not request a credit to my account, I requested that the money be donated to the NHS, so I'm inclined to think that, authentic looking or not, this is a phishing email.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: MYBT: Secure Message Center

I've also had this email but I requested a credit... 🤔

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Did you click on any of the links or respond in any way?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I just have but opened the link in Chrome and it's secure on BT.com security certificate

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

I've worked in IT and seen some very sophisticated scams (and some laughable ones as well) and the end product is that I'm always super suspicious of emails asking for personal details, hence my suggestion for a secure messaging center.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Sounds like a really good idea, unfortunately BT never listen to really good ideas, they suffer from 'not invented here' syndrome.