cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wooster
Message 1 of 4

Making a complaint

I ordered broadband and the order was lost - no record of it. I decided, finally, to make a formal complaint. This is not the first problem I’ve had with BT. I filled in the online form, spent 20 minutes detailing the issue, but the “Submit” button at the bottom would not work. I tried various other ways to complain but as I do not yet have a phone number, I can’t access Live Chat as they always ask for this number, How can I vent my growing a anger and register my problem? Thank you. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Making a complaint

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Wooster 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you've experienced with your broadband order and for the issues making a complaint via our contact us pages.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll help you from here. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
SgtSnowman
Message 4 of 4

The complaints system is a bit pointless, from my experience. BT left my wife at home with a 6 week old baby without phone or internet access for 4 weeks. I had a complaint, they kept phoning my home phone which a) was disconnected for a while and b) I specifically told them only to call my mobile as I'm at work all day. 

You can't email them with complaints, you don't get a phone number to call. You wait for them to call you and if you can't answer, that's your problem as far as they are concerned. 

They finally got my broadband working but despite all the issues that were purely BT issues (missed appointments, delayed activation dates), there was no credit or anything applied to my account. My advice would be to take this as a sign of things to come.

0 Ratings