cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KCfromKC
Message 1 of 3

Massive mistakes from BT when moving house

I moved house in August, and brought my BT package with me from my old address. Simple? Not a chance.

First, while all my services were working at my new address, my account was still registered at my old address. I also ended up with three different landline numbers on my account - my old one, new one and another one that doesn't do anything!

After months of phoning, tweeting and instant messaging them, I finally managed to get the address righted on my account and one of the wrong landline numbers removed. Inamongst this, I have (repeatedly) been charged for 'cancelling my account mid-contract'. I haven't cancelled anything, this has been BT, messing around on the account while trying to fix it.

Today, I have recieved my next bill. I have been charged £46, seemingly for starting a new contract. And I still have an extra landline number. So, I went back on the instant message system, only to be told that when you move address, they cancel your existing contract and set up a new one, and that's what I have been charged for.

Is this right? I have moved address with BT before and I'm sure I just moved my existing contract onto the new address. I don't recall them cancelling it and setting up a new one (or charging me for the privilage!). And how in the hell do I get rid of this extra landline number! How many phone lines do they think I have?!

I have spoken to more people in BT than I care to recall recently and I am fed up of being lied to. A straight answer would be nice at this point

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Massive mistakes from BT when moving house

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Massive mistakes from BT when moving house

Hi @KCfromKC sorry that you have had so much trouble moving your services to your new home.

Please send us over your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option.

We will be happy to get your account corrected.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings