Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingbrownie
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Mastercard Promotion

Hello, 

I signed up for BT Fibre 2 broadband on 15/07 and my services were connected yesterday (10/8). As part of my package I was supposed to receive a £110 Mastercard however when I check my rewards via my account, it says that I have no rewards to claim. Can you please help as this was the main reason I decided to switch to BT rather than remain with a competitor. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mastercard Promotion

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Claiming-a-BT-Reward-card/td-p/1857030

"Once your service has been set up, you’ll need to wait until after any cancellation period before you can claim"

0 Ratings
davejgreen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I wasn't able to find anything in BT's advertising or small print about having to wait an extra 14 days after the broadband was connect until a cancellation period was over to claim the reward card, they just say wait until the service is connected. (It might be that you have to wait that 14 days before a moderator on this forum can start helping with it?) I had a similar problem, waited the 14 days, and it made no difference. I logged a complaint online but then heard nothing for another two weeks. I only got a phone call back once I sent an email.

So, it might be worth emailing them, or phoning BT. (The first call I got was no help at all, and I have only been promised a resolution after escalating the complaint and receiving a second call back.) Hope you don't have the same problems I did!

0 Ratings
mingbrownie
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Dave. I think I'll give them a ring to double check. 

0 Ratings
mingbrownie
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith. Thanks for getting back to me. I didn't see anything in the terms about a 14 day wait period so I think I'll call BT for clarification. 

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi @mingbrownie,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

The Reward Card won't show in your Rewards section on My BT until after the 14-day cooling-off period has ended. This is to stop customers from claiming a Reward Card and then cancelling their service the next day.

Please let us know if it doesn't show up after 14 days.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings