cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Mental health difficulties/now unemployed - asked to return WiFi disc AFTER approving new contract

Hi,

Can an admin help me here please.

I mangaged to get through to the Value Loyalty Team after speaking to a very nice guy on the web chat today. I explained to him I am newly unemployed, have been diagnosed as suffering from anxiety and depression, and am having to trim every bill I can.

He gave me the number to get hold of Value Loyalty Team (I've been with BT over 20 years), and explained he would add some notes to my case, to explain. After a 30 minute wait, I got through.

I've agreed a new slightly cheaper price (not much, about £5 a month) and took it down even further by discontinuing our TV package for now (£12 approx). Reduces my overall monthly bill from around £53 to £36 a month.

After he had sent all the contract documentation to me to approve, which I did, he then said "ah, you have a wifi disc, you will need to return that". There was no mention of this prior to approval. I said "I wish you had told me that at the start", and he replied "I've only just seen it on my screen".

I don't understand - I was on Halo 1 Fibre, I'm still going to be on Halo 1 Fibre...all I've done is negotiated a slightly cheaper monthly bill and stopped the TV package? The disc is useful in the kitchen, as thats a weak spot when streaming from Netflix/Amazon. 

Could I not have just removed the TV package?

This is causing me unneeded stress and anxiety I could really do without. 

Thanks for any help/advice,

Andy.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mental health difficulties/now unemployed - asked to return WiFi disc AFTER approving new contra

The Wi-Fi discs are on loan whilst you're a complete wi-fi customer, not relating to Halo.
If you leave BT or move to a plan that doesn't include complete wi-fi, you do have to return the discs to avoid being charged for them, a returns bag will be sent free of charge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mental health difficulties/now unemployed - asked to return WiFi disc AFTER approving new contra

@studsrwrote:

The disc is useful in the kitchen, as thats a weak spot when streaming from Netflix/Amazon.

Well, as you say that you are "having to trim every bill I can", presumably you'll be cancelling your subscriptions to those services very soon (if you haven't already), so the weak spot won't be a problem for much longer.

0 Ratings