Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggoodman
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Merging two accounts to access all services

Hi

I opened a BT phone and broadband account in September/October. When I set the account up I did not have a BT email so my log-in was my hotmail email address.

I have since created myself a BT email account and tried to do the same for my partner however I was unable to. From speaking to an advisor on the phone last week, this is because I was logging in with a hotmail account and not a bt email account.

She advised me to create another log in using my BT email address, which I did. However, this email address is not considered to be the account holder email address so although I can create an email address for my partner I now do not have access to other services!

I would like one log in with everything in one place! Cannot get through to anyone on the phone to help!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Merging two accounts to access all services

ggoodman,

Based on what you have said I think  this is your situation:

A) Your hotmail email address and password is your BT ID and is used to access ALL your accounts and then  the services associated with each account.  You appear to have only one account.

B) Within your BT ID you have a phone service and associated  broadband service account. (It is possible to have more than one) 

C) Your Broadband service has an associated email service.

D) Your initial BT Email address and associated password is the primary email address for your broadband service and the one that you log into to create subsequent email subaccounts and other broadband services. One of these is the email address you have created for your partner.

In my opinion, provided you understand the above, it is better to leave things as they are.  It would be useful if you made a list of where you use your BT ID to login and where you use your Primary Email address. eg BT Sport, BT Cloud etc

If you still want to change then you need moderator involvement.

0 Ratings
ggoodman
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

I understand some of what you have said. However, I really would like one log-in address for myself which is considered to be the account holder log-in where I can access all services and functions in one place.

I did a web chat to an advisor the other night who assured me they had merged the accounts, closed the hotmail one and set the btinternet login as primary/account holder status.

Unfortunately, logging in today both logins are still active and as they were before speaking with an advisor.

Moderator involvement would be much appreciated as I'm getting a little frustrated at going round in circles!

Thanks again 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi ggoodman

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ggoodman
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Neil

I did this a couple of days ago, have you received my query?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone

0 Ratings