Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HeadGardener
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Minimum Call Commitment has not been met

Go to solution

This is the first time the 'minimum call commitment has not been met' message appeared on my BT Bill.  I understand from the forums that I am obliged to make two chargeable calls per month or there is some fine to pay.  I am on evening and weekend plan plus broadband.  According to my bill I have made charged calls during each month of this last quarter and I can't actually see anything on my bill stating what fine I have had to pay.  So my questions are:-

1. How much is the fine I have to pay, and why isn't it on this bill?

2. What are legitimately chargeable calls so that I can avoid this fine in the future?

Many thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: Minimum Call Commitment has not been met

Go to solution

It can be 10 calls a month if you have discounted connection offer..

See terms and conditions-- More legal stuff.

• £40 Connection Offer: Customers who require a new line will benefit from a -£90 discount on the standard line connection charge of £130. Customers who are benefiting from this offer must agree to an 18 month contract. A minimum call requirement of 10 calls per month is associated with this product. Calls can be chargeable or those included with your chosen call plan. A charge of £2 applies in each month that you do not make the required number of calls. Calls to the following numbers will not count towards the minimum call requirement: 0800/0808/0500 Freephone numbers; 100/198/155 Operator; 112/998/999 Emergency services; 150 BT Customer Services; 151 BT Fault Reporting; 195 Blind and Disabled Directory Enquiries; 1471/1571. Calls made using BT Broadband Talk and Chargecard are also excluded.
If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
ct5
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

I have a similar issue with the no calls made fees. 

My package includes the any time calls add on for which I pay the £4.90 monhly fee.  I have been out of the country so have not been able to make the minimum call requirement and my fees have been £1.50 Line rental saver: £2.70 BT Caller display and £1.00 BT Answer 1571.  A Total of £5.70.  Can anyone explain the reason why these charges are necessary.

To pay for NOT using the service which I am already paying for seems odd.  I accept to Terms and Conditions say it is so, BUT why?

Thanks in advance if you can explain

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Head Gardener said:-

1. How much is the fine I have to pay, and why isn't it on this bill?

2. What are legitimately chargeable calls so that I can avoid this fine in the future?

1. According to Legal Stuff (more legal stuff) 2calls a month for

Line rental saver £2

Caller display       £2

1571                 £2    Saying that I believe the amount charged for the 3 has altered but website has not been updated yet.

2. Chargeable calls can be the free calls included in your plan. Evening 7pm to7am  all day weekends, or any calls outside of these times.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Further to what  has been said you can just call someone who you know is out , wait to hear answerphone/1571 and then hang up - this will be treated as a 3 second call. You can do this as many times as you want to avoid charges ( a bit extreme but if going away for 3 weeks it does work) BUT do it at least 2 days prior to the end of the billing period.

0 Ratings
HeadGardener
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I have discovered it's because I have line rental saver - the legal blurb says I must make two chargeable calls per month or 6 per quarter.  The fee is £2.00.  According to my bill I made 14 chargeable calls totalling £8.85, so I don't see that I haven't made the minimum amount of calls.  I can't get through to BT on the 0800 number at the moment (they are too busy with other calls!) to find out if and when they will charge me the fee, so I suppose I will just have to swallow this one.

0 Ratings
HeadGardener
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Yes, I have line rental saver - the legal blurb says I must make two chargeable calls per month or 6 per quarter.  The fee is £2.00.  According to my bill I made 14 chargeable calls totalling £8.85, so I don't see that I haven't made the minimum amount of calls.  I can't get through to BT on the 0800 number at the moment (they are too busy with other calls!) to find out if and when they will charge me the fee, so I suppose I will just have to swallow this one.

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Hi there.

Have you tried Live chat (online) on the following link, as you are unable to get through on the phone.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

Edit.

Excuse me saying ,if you were charged for 14 calls £8.85  outside of your calling plan would it not be beneficial to you to have anytime calls as an addon £5.15 a month.

0 Ratings
HeadGardener
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks, I have tried Live chat but it never works for me.  I fill in the form and it just hangs.  I have Firefox with Cookies enabled, but it simply won't work.  Also the £8 calls is for three months, so I wouldn't be better off paying £5 or so a month.  I will try the phone line again. 

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
I presumed as you have line rental saver according to others on

the forum, BT put you on monthly billing.

0 Ratings