cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Mis sold Halo

Hi,

I am being charged for fibre with Halo 1, but BT site says Halo not available in my area. I am being charged a more than my neighbours for my broadband.

I do not have fast broadband at all as it is about 25mb with 21Mb guarantee,  I also don't have BT mobile and never have so I'm seem to be paying for a bundled package I don't need.

What can I do? I feel that BT have taken advantage of me and looking at my bills have done for a while.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mis sold Halo

Halo is just an add-on to your broadband package and you probably have just Halo1 which main benefit is the availability of a mini hub to use should you lose your broadband connection  this enables you to get back online until your broadband problem is fixed.  Like having insurance it does not seem any good until you actually need it

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

But that page also says if I have Superfast Fibre, Fibre 100 or Fibre 250 packages I get the promise....I have only max 25MB broadband which definitely isn't fast let alone superfast
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you have 25mb connection then you are probably on superfast fibre 1 up to 55mb connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings