cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makkk
Message 1 of 3

Missing Cables

I'm a new BT customer (already dripping in buyers remorse) after clickety clicking through a rather simple order process for phone+broadband that assured me I would get service last Friday (31st October). I am now sat here 5 days later with 3 different order numbers, a phone service which is miracululously working, but no broadband. The 2nd of the 3 order numbers says that broadband will be enabled tomorrow, and today a HomeHub4 arrived. Unfortunately, the router arrived without the requistite cable to connect into the wall socket, which makes it little more than a cheap lighting effect. I thought a call to customer service would help, but they can't send me the cable they failed to deliver until the 2nd order for broadband goes live by midnight tomorrow. Even then, I will need to call them yet again to ask them to send the cable they failed to send with the router. I'm guessing I won't be able to call until Friday as the broadband won't go live until late tomorrow evening, and then I'll be sat on my hands waiting another few days for the cable they failed to send me to arrive.

Why is this so hard, and why do I have to call them every other day in order to get this rather average service working?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Missing Cables

Hi makkk,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the delay getting your service up and running.  I can understand the confusion with having so many order numbers and not being sure how much longer it's going to take for your broadband service to be installed.

Send us over your details and we'll help sort this out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
makkk
Message 3 of 3

Re: Missing Cables

Wow, even the "help me" form is designed to frustrate. Especially the "Phone number your broadband is active on" question as I feel I have lied by putting my landline number in there when the broadband service is yet to be activated.

I figured that BT would get better at this over time, rather than worse. I guess they're saving a shed load of money by having such a disconnected and customer unfriendly system?

0 Ratings