Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Spectrum123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Missing cheque

Go to solution

Hello. When I signed up to BT I was entitled to a Mastercard reward card and an affiliate cheque as a new customer. I applied for both at the correct time and the Mastercard came no problem but I never recevied my cheque. I sent an email to affiliates@bt.comto chase it which was roundly ignored.

I contacted customer services and got a response back. However they hadn't bothered to read my query properly, assumed I was talking about the Mastercard and told me they'd already sent it despite me telling them I'd received it. I explained the problem again and again they didn't bother reading my query properly and gave me an unhelpful reply.

I contacted them again and finally someone responded apologising for the problems and saying they'd reapplied for my cheque. They said it would take up to 30 days to arrive. It's now been 32 days and I still don't have my cheque. Who do I contact now? The Ombudsmen? Or can one of the BT staff who monitor these threads step in to help?

It's a farce really. BT seem to be able to bill me consistently okay, so how come they can't send me money I was promised for signing up.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Missing cheque

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Spectrum123 Sorry you have not received your cheque. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Spectrum123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2,

Thanks for the offer of help. However, when I click on your user name I don't see a "contact the mods" link. Where should I be looking please? I'm signed in to the forums and have checked with two different browers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@Spectrum123 Sorry about that, I've made the link visible to you in my profile. If you click on my user name you'll see it on the left hand side of the webpage.

contact the mods.png

0 Ratings
Spectrum123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks that worked. I have now been contacted via phone. Hopefully I'll get my cheque.

0 Ratings
Spectrum123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Well, I've not heard anything at all since the telephone call. Can someone chase this please? @JohnC2@NeilO?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Spectrum123 Sorry for the delay I've got your case and have chased this again yesterday but have not had an update yet. Don't worry I'll keep chasing and update you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Spectrum123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Okay, thanks.

0 Ratings
Spectrum123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I've now received my cheque. Thanks for the help @JohnC2.

I still find it shambolic that it took so long and so much chasing on my part. If I could have billed BT for my time it would have been a lot more than the £30 cheque I received. At least I now know where to come if I have any problems though as the other customer service facilities are terrible whereas John was very good.

0 Ratings