cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lunarkirby
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Missold Package Price - bill has almost doubled and cannot resolve

I thought to seek help on the forum since after speaking to many different advisors on the phone, repeating my problem over and over again to identify and resolve, it is becoming strenuous. 

In Mid-May my package ended, so I did the usual task of renewing my package on the phone with a sales advisor.
Everything went seamless with asking to upgrade my home hub 4 and obtaining a wifi disc, and the price was a slight increase. (from £36 a month to £42 a month)

However, the sales advisor told me that he would have to send me two packages in the mail, the first would raise my package (£65 a month...) To then drop the price to what we discussed with the upgrades (£42 a month)(I believe he said something to do with manager's offer). 

Admittedly I was confused at the time and looking in hindsight, I should have questioned this more. But I agreed and I thought that was the end of it.

Then comes the problem, the first package arrives at the cost of double my usual package cost and then the second letter never arrives.

From here, I spent the beginning of June calling numerous times between package/sales and complaints team, to try and resolve this. The response to the method of sending two packages had a mixed response, of being normal or abnormal.

Then it was until the end of June when my final call had a verbal confirmation that this has been resolve and the price of my package would return to the agreed price.

Now in July, my bill arrives and the package price has not been amended. I started calling again, but the same problems are occurring with, disconnected calls after being on hold for 20 minutes and just being transferred between departments or people.

As a BT customer for about 15 years, this is the first time I have had a problem. I understand in this current scenario that there are more challenges however, to be told a problem is resolved to later find out it is not, is very off-putting.

I do not have a problem with the product however, I am just frustrated with the amount of communication I had to push these last 2 months and the lack of resolution to my problem. 

Therefore, I am hoping this forum post would reach BT as an alternative way (not really sure how this forum operates), as I am just fed up with calling over and over again. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Missold Package Price - bill has almost doubled and cannot resolve

Hello @lunarkirby - welcome to this Customer to Customer forum,

The only BT staff on here in an official capacity are the Moderators; they will intervene on an individual post if they are able to assist but you are predominately addressing your fellow customers.

My first thought from your post is to ask what email confirmation you received from BT (these would be from btcomms@info.bt.com  and probably entitled "All about your order"?  This would be the definitive record of what you have signed up too.

0 Ratings
lunarkirby
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi, thanks for the response and info on the forum.
In terms of the emails from btcomms@info.bt.com, I only receive emails from that address whenever bills are ready or paid for. I usually get info on my packages from letters, which have been arriving later than usual. (e.g. would arrive 7-10 days after what is dated on the letter)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@lunarkirbywrote:
Hi, thanks for the response and info on the forum.
In terms of the emails from btcomms@info.bt.com, I only receive emails from that address whenever bills are ready or paid for. I usually get info on my packages from letters, which have been arriving later than usual. (e.g. would arrive 7-10 days after what is dated on the letter)

I wonder whether those were the communication preferences set on your account (i.e. bills only by email; everything else in hard copy).  These days the default would be everything sent electronically, so I imagine that must have been over-ridden on your behalf.

Are you able to log into your BT account online?  If so, does it allow you to see past orders under Orders & Faults?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 6

Hi @lunarkirby 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that the amount of your bills are higher than the price you agreed to during your renewal call.  I can completely understand where the confusion has came from as having to receive two packages in the mail sounds abnormal to me.  I really don't understand my colleagues thinking behind this.

The renewal call should have left you going away confident knowing exactly what the renewal involved including the new cost and I am sorry you have had to spend so much time trying to get some clarification on what you signed up to.

As you're no further forward we can pick this up from here and put everything right for you.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings