cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Missold renewal of broadband and landline package

I have been a BT customer for 30 years. I having major issues with my landline since move to digital voice and called BT to help many times and they have not been able to resolve. They were not able to fix the problem but the agent asked me if i wanted to save some money. I said yes. He than, without giving me full details, put me on a new contract for broadband (commencing Feb 23) and this contract moved me to a pay as you go contract for landline calls!

2 issues:

1) I have decided to move to Virgin and now have to pay £1,067 as i em ending my contract early! (i did ask the agent fif there would be any issues if i decide to move and he said no

2) I've just received a  bill which includes £260 for landlines calls!!

I was missold the contract. Why would i move to a pay as you go contract and why would i agree to a new one if i am thinking of moving as BT have not been able to resolve my landline issues

Help! What can i do?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Missold renewal of broadband and landline package

@Guardian76 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

If you cancelled your new contract, then you would need to pay the full cancellations charges.

As for PAYG, I think its about 20p a minute, so you could easily run up a large bill without an unlimited call package.

All you can do is to move back to BT and they should allow you to continue your contract. Also I would suggest you add the unlimited call package, to avoid large future call charges.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Missold renewal of broadband and landline package

If you are not happy with any package that you have been put on then you could have simply cancelled within the fourteen days grace period.

Can I cancel the BT package that I've ordered?

If you decide to leave to Virgin and you are still in contract, then yes you will have to pay as you'll be charged a cancellation fee, read the page here for more information - Leaving BT

Cancellation fees if you leave your contract early
You have to pay an ‘early termination fee’ if you cancel your service before the end of your ‘minimum contract period’. The end of the minimum contract period is usually either 12, 18 or 24 months from the date your started your service.

Your landline call charges might be higher now that you are on a PAYG plan and do not have anything like the free minutes, unlimited calls or free calls included within your Call plan etc, as you are now paying for every single call that you make you will be paying I think between 23p and 28p per minute.

Plus, you still have to pay about £5 to £7 for that calling plan a month too.

However, if it is £260 for landline calls that does seem a bit steep, £16.80 for a sixty minute phone call at 0.28p per minute, you need to make about sixteen of them to get to the £260 quoted, although if you're on the phone a lot or calling certain numbers, the charges will soon add up.

You will be able to see your calls and their charges in your MyBT account, either through Usage or Bills, so you should be able to see how the costings are worked out.

For your issues, you should be doing as @Keith_Beddoe states and calling BT directly, you can also put in a complaint about your billing through - BT Complaints, they have eight weeks to investigate and solve any issues, if they don't or if you are not happy with their result, you can complain higher up to the Communications Ombudsman.

BT Complaints - https://www.bt.com/bt-plc/assets/documents/about-bt/policy-and-regulation/our-governance-and-strateg...

Communications Ombudsman - https://www.commsombudsman.org/

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings