cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidCo
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Monthly DD or not

I normally get an email from BT telling me about next bill (payable on 15th) usually a week in advance.

No email this month!

I go to 'MyBT' to check what is going on (today 14th)

Annotation 2019-08-14 114144.jpg

Well, today is the 14th so BT quite literally are living in a parallel universe!

I also check my bank and 'nope'

🙄

david

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Monthly DD or not

From personal experience MyBT has always shown the DD being taken and the account showing a nil balance 1-2 days before it is actually taken from my bank account.

I have never received an email about a DD being taken but do get notification of the bill being shown in MyBT.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 4

@conradwrote:

From personal experience MyBT has always shown the DD being taken and the account showing a nil balance 1-2 days before it is actually taken from my bank account.

I have never received an email about a DD being taken but do get notification of the bill being shown in MyBT.

Agreed. BT normally state the bill as paid when BT initiate the direct debit from their end. It should be debited from your bank account in a couple of days.

(If not keep quite, someone is paying your bills 🤫)

Stew

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

I'm guessing here but I think that with some organisations using DD, it's as if they request a pre-authorisation of payment a couple of days before. I used to have the same with Sky, my bill would be shown as paid anything up to 48 hours before the money was 'shown' as leaving my account. BT operate the same way, I quite like it to be honest.

0 Ratings