cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Monthly broadband usage -- BT knows, how do I find out?

Go to solution

ok, so I've been forced back to BT's website again. It took 30 seconds for my blood to boil -- why is it such a poor site? The core issue I have is that I always want to communicate with BT via email, NOT via phone. That way I'm on equal terms and I can ponder the response. But finding somewhere to email is extremely difficult -- I always have to complain, when I just want to ask a question.

Anyway...

I want to know what my broadband usage is. I used to be able to log on and see. But some muppet has decided that I can no longer do this:

"Why can't I check my broadband usage any more?

We don't want our customers wasting time monitoring usage when there's no need to. Having unlimited broadband means you don't need to worry about your internet usage: you won't pay any usage charges no matter how much you use."

Well I DO want to know what my usage is. I am seriously thinking of moving away from BT. If I know what I am using I know what sort of package I can purchase from a competitor. I also don't want to 'renew' a contract so I'm stuck with BT for another 12 months. As long as BT are in the background they are ok. I've had no problem with the service, but they seem to be getting dearer and dearer. (Line rental saver went up by 13.5% -- Inflation was less that 2% so why the huge hike?)

Their scheming, conniving business team who are looking at ways to stop me moving away while still screwing me are finally forcing me to do something.

So can someone please tell me where I can now find my monthly usage? The above response from BT is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Now to find a cold shower and calm myself down again...

grrrrr

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Monthly broadband usage -- BT knows, how do I find out?

Go to solution

There is another post on this board with a mod reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I'm not sure what this means. I searched the Other Broadband Queries board (thanks for moving) but I cannot find a similar post. Can you please paste a link?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You searched wrong board. This is billing board

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, so that confirms what I saw on My BT (My BT is so **bleep**!).

I clicked on the star and it put a 1 there. Not sure if that means good or bad! But I was trying to say good -- you answered my question. Surely it's more work to take the feature away than to leave it. Another arrogant manoeuver by BT -- call me a cynic but I have little trust in BT.

Anyway, enough ranting -- thanks for pointing that out (change the star to a 5 if I've done it wrong; that's what I meant).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

FFS -- **Bleep**.

Arogant or what?

0 Ratings