cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stormdog27
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Mother in Laws Bill and Account

Hi, I am so frustrated with BT, BT Executive included. My mother in laws last two bills have bee £98 and £99 each with a few local calls but mainly to mobile calls, one call alone was £31.84.

I have tried without success to speak with billing to change her plan, i contacted the Executive Complaints Division, was given the advice to become an account manager to chang her plan.

A brick wall I do not know her account number, and on calling my mother in law she was unable to understand the information I need.

Frustrating, irritating and unhelpful BT customer services, I can not make an account without the information, she 89 very frail and easily confused and lives 20 miles away on her own.

I am so angry with BT's inflexible attitude, any suggestios please??

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mother in Laws Bill and Account

@Stormdog27wrote:

I have tried without success to speak with billing to change her plan, i contacted the Executive Complaints Division, was given the advice to become an account manager to chang her plan.

Th billing team don't change calling plans, you want the Loyalty or Value team, you can make basic changes including a calling plan if you're added as a 3rd party contact, however if she has an old legacy plan only the older calling plans will be available, to change to the new calling plans the broadband would need renewed.

@Stormdog27wrote:

A brick wall I do not know her account number, and on calling my mother in law she was unable to understand the information I need.

As I mentioned you can do some changes without the account number, you'd still need to validate and pass security checks, the account number will be on the bank statement as the reference if she pays by direct debit, you can also find it printed on paper bills in the top right hand corner.

@Stormdog27wrote:

I am so angry with BT's inflexible attitude, any suggestios please??

I can understand your frustration but BT are protecting their customer, it's for security reasons and not to be awkward.