Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geedee1969
Message 1 of 7

Move master socket

Go to solution

Hi

I am currently a sky broadband and telephone line subscriber but my service is up for renewal oct 8th,

Currently I play call of duty online a lot but have to use a wifi connection as the master socket is in another room. I cannot move the xbox to the main room as it would conflict with my needs.

This is having a knock on effect and causing latency and game matching issues meaning im always half a second to a second behind other players in the game (lots of ingame deaths)

I have contacted the game support and they have recommended using a wired connection which currently is impossible.

How would i go about changing my master socket to the other room in my house and how much would it cost.

I may switch providers back to BT depending on what was offered.

Thank you

Graham

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Move master socket

Go to solution

If you sign up to BT Infinity, then your master socket will be moved for free, otherwise Openreach charge £130, irrespective of your service provider.

0 Ratings
geedee1969
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I cant get bt infinity its not available in the NE40 area

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I may be wrong but if you are staying on "normal" broadband the location of you master socket is less important and as long as your telephone extension cable is of good quality and not overly long, say about 30 meters, it will not dramatically effect your speed so you could move your homehub to a better position so that you can connect by Ethernet.

geedee1969
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

thankd gg

0 Ratings
geedee1969
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

could you recommend a good quality extension cable?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I haven't any recommendations to offer but a well known online amazing shop has this cable which may do you.

20m ADSL Cable - Premium Quality / Gold Plated Contact Pins / High Speed Internet Broadband / Router or Modem to RJ11 Phone Socket or Microfilter / White

Do a speed check before and after fitting any cable to ensure you are not loosing speed.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings