Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CoreyM
Message 1 of 2

Moved house and new connection taking over a month

Hi guys,

Sorry for the long one but been moving house and trying to set up the new service. If anyone has any advice please say!

Timeline of events:

2nd July - requested a move told, told an engineer visit would be on the needed on 26th and service activated even though we said we don't need one. Due to building being connected

4th July- find an engineer visit for the earlier date of the 19th and is confirmed.

9th July- Book a day off work for engineer

16th July- emailed saying the visit is no longer needed. And service will be activated on the 19th.

17th July- I call to see when the activation date would be and get told it will actually be the 26th due to a delay with open reach.

19th July- Open reach arrive on our street on the 19th and connect the exchange to the building. Our phone line goes live and our neighbors above internet is activated.

19th July- I call and told it will still be next week, but will try to be expidited to Friday.

19th July- I get a call 10 minutes after being told it would be expedited, that it will actually probably be activated by midnight since the phone line is activated , which is a copper line, and ADSL connection. and they will call me back tomorrow to see how it's going and discuss the complaint.

20th July -they call me back the next day, ask to close the complaint then redirect me to BT business help (in personal service) after 20 minutes of waiting.

21st- still no connection, called up again and told there's still work being done in area.

23rd- no connection and no contact
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moved house and new connection taking over a month

Hi @CoreyM

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting your broadband service.  Have a word with our >>Order Live Chat Team<< to see if they can provide you with an update.

Post back to let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings