cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spencer2780
Message 1 of 3

Moved house on Monday and still not connected

I went throught the moving house options online with my BT login and it all appeared to go through ok.  I still however don't have broadband (after moving in on Monday) and today BT told me tonight it was because the previous owner hasn't cancelled his phone line yet so they can't take it over.

He tells me he has called them to cancel it but BT say I need to get him to do it again.  I don't understand if I'm now living in the house why I can't just take over the phone line and get things going.

As you can imagine it's getting rather painful as everytime I ring BT I'm on holf for at least half an hour and get passed from pillar to post, told to call back later etc etc.  The last time I spoke to them I said just cancel my order and I'll go somewhere else and they couldn't even do that.  Just put me through to the cancellation department who didn't answer the phone.

This post is my last hope, please help!

My reference number is VOL012-*********

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moved house on Monday and still not connected

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this linkContact Us.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moved house on Monday and still not connected

Hi Spencer2780,

Welcome to the community forum. If the previous owner hasn't cease his service or is in the process of moving it to his new address, this can delay the activation of the service in your name. I'll be able to take a look at your order to see what is happening. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings