Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OSAV
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Moving Address

Go to solution

I study in the UK as an international, so I live here temporarily, and last year I have ordered a BT box which was working fine. For my second academic year I have moved to a different flat, but I have kept my BT router, and when I connected it appears as yellow with a flashing broadband logo. I guessed I had to update my Broadband details on my BT account to solve the issue.

In the entire I did not find a forum that helped me whatsoever, the only one that was remotely close was assuming that I have not yet moved and my "current phone number" was declined repeatedly as it appeared to be "Invalid"

Any ideas what I should do to fix the issue, thanks)))

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving Address

Go to solution

@OSAV 

Did you use the BT home move process to transfer your service to your new address?

You will not be able to keep the same phone number if your new flat is not physically connected to the same telephone  exchange as your old flat.

OSAV
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

No, I had no idea I should have completed the 'Home Move" process before moving here. Is there any way I can update my Broadband details and activate my service after I have moved? 

If not I might check if I still have access to the phone I used for my previous address

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Your phone and broadband will not work at new address.  You need to go here for help. https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home-new-customer?s_cid=con_ppc_maxus_vidZ60_T1&vendorid=Z60&gclid=...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OSAV
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Right then, I will see if that works then, thanks for the answers so far))

Edit: check out page is not responding, is it temporary?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.