This is a last-ditch attempt to resolve my home move issues before I look for another provider. I'm surprised to be having so many issues with BT, as the set-up at my old address went very smoothly. The actual product is also very good, and I'm loath to get rid of it. However, the service I've received in organising the change-over to BT in my new home has been shockingly bad and I'm thoroughly fed up.
I organised the move for the 10th July in mid-June. However, I realised a week before the move that the address was incorrectly down as '2' rather than '22', and I requested that this be changed. I was assured that this would go through, but on the 10th July my order was cancelled due to an issue with the broadband (I think), and a new order was set up to be completed on the 16th July.
On the 16th I received a voicemail to confirm that the order had gone through and that everything should be working. I then received another voicemail a few hours later to say that there was a problem and I needed to call them back. I returned the call and was told that my order had again been cancelled because I needed to give a £50.00 deposit due to my credit rating (!!), which would be refunded after 6 months. I asked why this was being brought up now when I'd already had the contract for three/four months and the order request had been in since mid-June, and the call centre couldn't really give me an answer. As I'd not been told about this policy before I asked for confirmation in writing, and gave my card details on the understanding that my order would then be progressed (albeit that we might have to wait yet another week). I received a text from 'Suraj S' to confirm that the £50 had been taken for said deposit and that our order would be fast tracked.
I checked on the order by phoning the call centre on the 22nd, to find that the order had in no way been progressed. I submitted my first compliant and requested an explanation (none could be given!). I then checked the online system to see that the order had again been put through for house number 2 rather than 22 even though I had expressly stated on the previous day's call that the order was for 22. I again called the call centre and was promised that the order would be completed by midnight on the 24th for number 22. I text Suraj back to request a second confirmation as I was losing faith in the system, and another BT employee called me to say that the order actually wouldn't be completed until the 30th.
Getting weary yet?! I am!
It continued on:
- my partner called BT to work out what was going on and was told that the £50 was actually a charge for the phone line because it had been ordered without the broadband package, and was really nothing to do with a credit check. Confusing as we were trying to move our entire BT package rather than just the phone line...
- I called again on 24th as the above hadn't been explained properly and was told that only one order could be put through at a time, and we have to wait for the phone line to be connected before the broadband order can go through. I was assured that our bills would not be affected by this (we'll see!).
- completion date was moved another day back to the 31st with no explanation.
- phone line was confirmed to be working on the 31st. No communication about the internet. Called again to request the broadband order be put through (nobody appeared to be looking after our case). No one was available to advise me of the situation and I was asked to call back the next day.
- Called back on the 1st August. I spoke to someone in the UK (first time!) who told me that there appeared to be 'no broadband speed' available for my address, and that I should have been advised of this at the very beginning (mid-June). I was told that it would take another two weeks whilst this was looked at by the specialist team.
- 3rd August I received another call to say that the order has now gone through...
I have spoken to the BT team twice about this since Monday, and have been told that the order has been 'accepted' and that it will be expedited. It's 48 hours since our order was submitted and we still have no sign of our internet connection. I was told that the request to expedite our order 'would be put in by the end of today' which would then take another 24 hours to be accepted, which to me doesn't seem like much of a fast-track.
I have also been told that I will then have to call back yet again in order to progress our TV order (to add to the combined 6 hours I've already spent on the phone to BT).
I have had no real confirmation that broadband is actually available from BT for my address and no one seems to be able to advise me further.
Help, please? What is going on? I live with my sister who's a doctor, and it's essential that she's able to work online at home in order to do her job. In the meantime, in case this order doesn't come to fruition, I am looking for another provider (Sky certainly provides our address), and will not be expecting to pay any cancellation charges on the basis that BT cannot uphold their end of the contract.
I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.
Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.
For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.
They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks
This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it
Reading you post, I am really sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your home move order. I'll be able to help put things right. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.
Thanks for this. I gave my details yesterday and look forward to hearing from you.
By way of update, our broadband activation date has now been moved back another 8 days to 18th August without explanation (I'll discuss this further with you when we talk!).