Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Moving Home/Data Integrity

Hi all,

I am after some advice and an honest reason as to why the home move hasn't gone through yet, this is the run down from the start until today:

21st Feb 2020 - Called up to get my home move sorted and it all went through fine and was confirmed for the 2nd March. (online didn't work)

2nd March 2020 - No communication from BT and logged in to track my move and it had been cancelled.

2nd March 2020 - Called BT and was told there was an issue on my account that needed to be fixed before they could manually place an order and it confirmed that my old line would terminate as of  the 3rd March 2020 and start at my new address on the 6th March 2020 due to it being a new build.

3rd March 2020 - Got an email saying a mini hub was on the way (no other communication as to why)

5th March 2020 - Mini hub was delivered but doesn't get signal so is pretty useless.

10th March 2020 - Called through to the Moving team and was told that they can see the issue had been sorted and was due to go through to the next stage that day and that the person I spoke to would send a message to the team dealing so they can send me an email and update the order page. He did mention that the issue was a Data Integrity issue which I have no idea about.

11th March 2020 - Still no update, no change to the order and no confirmation of when they are going to switch on at my new property.

I have a Halo package so I have  the keep connected promise but, at the moment I am not connected to anything, mobile signal and the mini hub signal is non existent. There is only so much Home under the hammer I can watch when I am home! ha

If someone could advise I would be very grateful 🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving Home/Data Integrity

if it is a new build are you moving broadband from FTTC to FTTP?  is there a phone socket in your new home?  if FTTP do you have an ONT fitted in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yes I am moving from FTTC to FTTP, there is a separate phone socket which plugs into the openreach box in the property and then this distributes to the various phone sockets around the house, there is no dial tone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

sounds like your phone is being provided by the fibre connection and not by copper cable like you previously had with FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings