cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Moving Home, New Activation order Lost by BT MULTIPLE TIMES?

Go to solution

Hello,

I organised WELL in advanced for my broadband to be switched to my new home on moving. I have the confirmation email, the setup of the new contract, the cancellation at my old place, and confirmation of new activation date on the 7th of june. We have been delivered the new hub & wifi extender, but of course 7th of june comes around and no internet activation. 

I phone them and they tell me that "no issues with the order, its just a matter of an engineer coming out and doing a 2 minute job to flip the pins on", hours go by and nothing changes, phoen up again to a new customer rep who says an entirely opposite story, 'wholesale hasn't got my activation order' and it will take another 2 working days for them to replace the order.... extremely unprofessional and the completely opposite to what the first rep said. 

2 days go by and I call again today to hear a new rep tell me that 'wholesale has lost my order' and i dont have any order whatsoever with them, and that nothing was done by the reps 2 days earlier at all, and that she would have to cancel the order and completely restart it again from tomorrow. Giving me a new activation date tomorrow which will no doubt be weeks away. 

What is going on here? One rep telling me its a 2 minute job and it will be done any second, then the next doing absolutely nothing to help me other than get me off the phone and waiting for 2 days, then the third rep telling me that we need to restart the entire order? This is an absolute joke considering it is a 2 minute job of turning it on. We have a household of multiple people working from home and we can't do without internet this long, that is why I ordered it far far before moving. Extremely irritating and I still dont even know what is happening or if I will call up again and have them tell me nothing has happened to my order and the previous reps did nothing again?

Supposed to be getting a callback tomorrow from the rep which will most likely lead to me cancelling my order with BT entirely and going elsewhere if the activation date isn't soon. Why can't they create a priority for this and send an engineer today or tomorrow? I can't see why not.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moving Home, New Activation order Lost by BT MULTIPLE TIMES?

Go to solution

Although not an excuse for poor service and especially being given contradictory information, it’s worth noting that what can appear to be a simple task , may not be ,
Is the the address you are moving into already connected to Openreach , if it is , was that connection in use by the previous occupants ( if the address was occupied ) as opposed to being a dormant connection , because the current occupants didn’t use an OR based provider, if it were occupied and they were currently using an Openreach based service , via one of dozens of potential providers, did they notify their provider that they were moving out , if they did , was the date they gave their provider  the same date you gave your provider, if the date did align, did their provider act upon that information in the correct way ,
As you can see , most of this is not under your providers control.
If all this was done correctly , then there would have been no reason to cancel your order , the fact it was cancelled suggests something stopped the expected progression of your order.
If the address had no current service connected by Openreach , either an existing service that had not been in use for a considerable time , or a property that had never had an OR service, then OR would need to visit , if OR don’t attend ( due to their own resourcing issues ) it’s something beyond your provider’s control.

Cancellation with BT to use someone else dependent on the same suppliers (OR) and wholesale ‘back office’ systems isn’t necessarily going to speed up your connection.

As I said , this isn’t making excuses, it’s simply to provide some context. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The previous owner was with sky and their is already an existing openreach line with openreach connections in the house. I believe the first rep I spoke to was from the tech team so I believed him when he said it was as simple as an engineer connecting some pins, "A 5 minute job", quote from him.

I have received the email confirming everything, saying my old service will stop on the 7th and new one start on 7th etc.  They even confirmed my old service has been stopped, just the new order has been lost or never made in the 'wholesale system'...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If the address had a working Openreach service ( with Sky as the provider ) then a visit from Openreach shouldn’t be necessary any work to disconnect from Sky and reconnect to BT is done remotely, depending on what needed ( exchange based ADSL 2 or FTTC ) .

It will probably never been known for sure what the issue was , but ( for example ) you taking over the ‘line’ service generates a communication from Sky to their customer saying that the line is being taken over and if this is incorrect for them to call (Sky) to stop it , obviously they should realise it’s not anything to worry about its your company arranging your service , but if they did ( for arguments sake ) call Sky and say it’s an error , that would cause your order  to be cancelled without any input from BT .

As stated that may not be what’s happened, but obviously your order didn’t cancel itself, so presumably some incorrect intervention happened , or an  an order wasn’t raised for the takeover but was raised for the stop service at your old address , ( that seems less unlikely to me ) , especially if you were intending to take your phone number with you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Similar issue , started 6 months ago .

BT are blaming OR , personally I couldn’t care less , what is very poor is all the hollow promises bt make when you are ordering a service , knowing full well that they are not in a position to promise anything as ultimately it’s 100% up to OR if and when service is activated.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yeah after calling back days later they said they had to cancel the entire order and replace it. So this was the final straw for me so I cancelled the entire order and went with sky. Sky had it up in a few days, ahead of their schedule as it was clearly just a matter of 'flipping pins' as all the external hardware was already in place.

Who knows why BT wants to get rid of customers so easily, they couldn't care less I was leaving and were fullyin agreement that I should cancel it, they cancelled it immediately with no ability to speed up the new order, put in a priority order, nothing. Extremely bad service and I would recommend going elsewhere!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@pepsipwnswrote:

Yeah after calling back days later they said they had to cancel the entire order and replace it. So this was the final straw for me so I cancelled the entire order and went with sky. Sky had it up in a few days, ahead of their schedule as it was clearly just a matter of 'flipping pins' as all the external hardware was already in place.

Who knows why BT wants to get rid of customers so easily, they couldn't care less I was leaving and were fullyin agreement that I should cancel it, they cancelled it immediately with no ability to speed up the new order, put in a priority order, nothing. Extremely bad service and I would recommend going elsewhere!

Do you honestly think they want to lose customers? If it was as easy as flipping pins that would've been done. The status of the line could've changed or anything when you place dthe order with Sky so it's likely anyone would've had the same quick time on a new order.

0 Ratings