Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spluff
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Moving Home Questions

Go to solution

I am moving house into the house on the 22nd May - but the current owners leave on the 15th May.

Can I arrange for BT to move my package over on the 22nd May or do I need to do it on the 15th May as they will have left and the phone will be stopped.   

Also I have a good deal with Fibre Broadband, BT Sport and Rental all included which has 10 month left on it - can this be transferred to the new house at the same price.

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving Home Questions

Go to solution

Use the online BT Home Move process, and specify the date that you want your service to start.

Your existing remaining contract will be carried over, but you will probably have to agree to a new 12 month line rental contract, to cover any installation cost.

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

The rental is included in the price I pay as part of the deal.  (I dont pay for rental seperately).  What would happen here then?

• Calling Plan Unlimited Weekend Calls
  • Broadband Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited
  • Line Rental is now included in your package

On this broadband and calls I get a special offer discount

Would it cause a problem  to say 22nd?  Or is  15th May best?  Or does it not matter?

Im worried if it will be classed as working line or not if previous owner has moved out and I dont want to have to pay extra..........

I dont want to cause problems (the current owner moves out on 15th but we wont move in till 22nd).  Although by choosing 15th i would be without internet for a week at my current place and also not in the new house.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The date that the current owner moves out, does not matter, as that is between them and their current Service Provider, as they should be giving them 30 days notice anyway.

Specify the date that you want service, as that will give Openreach time to make any changes to the network, ready for when you move in.

Although line rental is included in your package, I would expect it to be extended by 12 months, so if you cancelled your broadband beforehand, for any reason, the line rental would still be payable.

Wait and see what the home move order confirmation says.

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry for so many questions - I just want to make sure i do this right and no issues.

30days would take it to the 15th May for the current owner - so would that mean its not a working line any more if i take it over on the 22nd?

The current owner is leaving country so wont be taking his service with him.

Also - would it be best to ring someone or do it online? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You would not be taking over a working line, as it would have been ceased on the 15th May.

These posts may help https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Moving-Home/m-p/1905249#M104141

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Transferring-Broadband-quot-Cease-quot/m-p/1908774#M10451...

If you are still concerned, then speak to the BT Home Mover Team.

Online move https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home-new-customer/?s_cid=con_FURL_1monthfree

0 Ratings