cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawidM
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Moving Home

Hello I have a problem with moving my BT to a new address. First time I've tried to move it through online website it did worked but 1 day before moving it I've received a message on my phone which stands: "Hi, BT here. Please note that we had to cancel your order since there was a technical glitch because of which your order got rejected. However, once we re-issue your order we will let you know about the same. In the meanwhile if you have any queries then kindly reply to this text or call us on 0800 800 150.".

So next day I've tried to contact them but wasted more than 2 hours just to hear that they didn't had any problem at all and everything should be fine.

Very next day I've received another message from BT: "Hello Mr ... ...., Paotinlun from BT here. We're sorry, your order for Home Move could not be completed due to technical snag in the system. Kindly call us on on 0800 800 150 so that we can reissue the order. Thanks", of course I've done it Immediately just to hear that I am not even a customer.

I've tried to do it again later and some lovely lady found my account and tried to solve the problem for like 3 hours. Unfortunately she didn't see any problem and said that she cannot help me with that and she just hung up on me.

I've spent then over 3-4 more hours but with no results. Next day I've tried to retry moving house option again through website but it is not possible after filling the whole form on the website it just says :

"Sorry..

It is possible that this is a BT Business number. To place an order on this number please contact the BT Business team on 0800 800 152", so... I've called BT business number and they told me that it is not a business number and I have to call 0800 800 150.

My landline got terminated already on the old address so in the My BT I have only Broadband option but I cannot do anything with it. So after 2 weeks of fighting I am at my new address without Broadband and Landline and it seems like BT does not want to solve that problem. Is there anyone in here who could solve it? I ran out of options. Thank you very much for spending time reading this, sorry for the language but English is not my native language.

17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Moving Home

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help  they will post here but are currently quite busy so may take few days for them to repond

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

As a matter of interest, did you ask to keep the same phone number, as that can cause the order to fail if the number cannot be moved?

0 Ratings
DawidM
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Yea I did asked to keep the same phone number but like right now I don't have any number or landline. I will have a bill on friday so I want to check if the same number is on the bill or something did changed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

@DawidM wrote:

Yea I did asked to keep the same phone number but like right now I don't have any number or landline. I will have a bill on friday so I want to check if the same number is on the bill or something did changed.

If you are moving to an address which is not served by the same physical BT exchange, as your old address, then you would not be able to keep your number.

Exchange areas usually cover a couple of miles radius, so if you are moving outside of that area, then that would be a problem.

Do you think that may be the case?

If you use the BT Broadband availability checker, and enter your old address, and make a note of the name of the exchange.

Then repeat it for your new address, and see if the exchange name is the same.

If its not, then the number cannot be moved, and that may be the problem.

DawidM
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

I do not think that might be a problem because I am moving like 50 yards from my old address. But if even that would be a problem I suppose BT could handle it no problem. In the message I have received it says that they cannot move it due to technical snag in the system. When I moved first time through the website everything was perfectly fine, I have had order number, day for the engineer to come, but just day before it everything broke. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Is it a new build property you are moving into?

0 Ratings
DawidM
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

Nope, it seems it is at least 2 times older than me. But a person who lived here before had a BT broadband and Landline as well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

@DawidM wrote:

Nope, it seems it is at least 2 times older than me. But a person who lived here before had a BT broadband and Landline as well.

If they have asked to cease their service, there would be a pending cease order in the system. That would cause your order to fail, that is the normal cause for a delay.

If you had requested  to take over the existing line, then they would have received a letter saying someone wants to takeover their line.

Another cause for delay can be the fact that if its a fibre (FTTC) order, the cabinet may be full and there are no free ports available.

A moderator would be able to look at the order, but they are quite a bit behind at the moment, so that is why I am trying to see if its a simple problem.

How long ago did they move out?

0 Ratings
DawidM
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Landlord told me that they moved out like 9 months ago

0 Ratings